WTF scubastore.com?!?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is price fixing, and they do it in the US because they can. They can't get away with it in Europe. However, if you buy something from a European company, ScubaPro won't honor the warranty in the US - you would have to send it back to Europe for repairs. I have had a love-hate relationship with ScubaPro for years over their policies. I love their regulators and BCD's, but I won't pay their anti-competitive prices. So I buy from Leisure Pro, and accept the fact that I don't get the ScubaPro lifetime warranty. But that warranty is not worth as much as you might think anyway. I have a MKV reg that I bought from a ScubaPro dealer about 40 years ago. I lost the warranty card years ago, and I can't even get the second stage serviced any more - even if I pay for it!

ScubaPro does not have the lifetime warranty in Europe anyway :(

Why can't you get the reg serviced?

ScubaPro does not have the lifetime warranty in Europe anyway :(

Why can't you get the reg serviced?

I'm pretty sure the Scubapro LIMITED warranty is lifetime worldwide on all regulators. The parts for life program is USA only. My older warranties say to send it to any Scubapro Service Center for warranty service.

I had my first experience with scubastore.com this week, and I'm very disappointed.

They got my shipment out fast, but the item I received was damaged.

We called them to try to go an RMA, and instead they want pics of the item.

*This morning talked to them again, and there saying there sending me an RMA. Hopefully they will come through.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear so many got burned by scubastore.com, but thanks for the heads up. I will never order from them, that is for sure. :(

Sorry to hear so many got burned by scubastore.com, but thanks for the heads up. I will never order from them, that is for sure. :(

They refused to take the OP's money. How do you define that as "burned"?

"Burned" would be if they sold the OP the computer and it failed and had no warranty.

Terry

buy from a dive shop... internet issue solved :D

They refused to take the OP's money. How do you define that as "burned"?

"Burned" would be if they sold the OP the computer and it failed and had no warranty.

Terry

Well, multiple people here have had less than stellar experiences. I would consider that a burn. Perhaps not as bad as a rip-off, but still something I wouldn't want to get involved in. Oh, and it was a little more than just not taking his money (poor communication, hassle), and combined with a previous post regarding hassle when a damaged item showed, I just don't think I need to learn more about scubastore.com the hard way.

Scubastore has changed quite a bit since the accountants & money lenders forced its founder out.

If you would like to try another cheap, authorised source in Europe for Scubapro or Aqualung, have a look at Lucas Dive in the Netherlands. I haven't tried them yet, but I'v been told they still send world wide.

Home-Lucas Divestore

Just as an aside; in the past, Aqualung Oz wouldn't allow their products to be discounted or sold over the web. Recently however, their prices have dropped between 30 & 40% & they're being sold over the web. Might have something to do with Oceanic Oz's run in with the ACCC.

Oceanic Diving admits engaging in resale price maintenance

Here's the full disclosure of the Oceanic Pricing case:

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/item...d671021f00da2fc1811fcd1041&fn=Undertaking.pdf

I have used lucas, great service and they do send outside of Europe.

I just tried to buy a bunch of Apeks and Suunato gear fro Lucas Dive Store, and they said they cannot ship to Australia, based on demands from the manufacturer (Aqua Lung). Aieeee!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom