x-shorts? whos got 'em?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Received my second pair on Monday along with a handwritten note and the apology gift Ben mentioned :D That's how you do customer service! They acknowledged the problem, admitted a mistake and apologized and I'm an incredibly happy camper and ready to recommend them to other divers :D KUDOS BEN!
Ber :lilbunny:

I have a pair I use in all types of diving conditions... I have about 100 dives on them and only issue I have had is pockets ripping off , and velcro coming apart ... Like kevin said if your handy with needle and thread you can make them better than new .... The neoprene actual short part is tough and have shown no signs of wear ... I used a lighweight fishing line and went and sewed over factory stiching and they are fine now..... The pockets and neoprene of the shorts are durable just not mated securely ..... The other thing is when wearing with wet suit I put on my farmer john then xshorts then jacket over the top so they dont slide down at all , and are a great asset to dive kit once re-secured.

andy

I've been diving them for the better part of a week now. They are a BIG improvement over the boy's shorts I used to wear. They fit closer, and have better pockets, and they don't look nearly as dorky. My one criticism is that they appear to be designed for the current hip-hugging look -- I'm constantly worried that I can't get the waistband up to where they won't fall off in the water.

Have been hesitated to get one at its normal price...................thanks to this thread. Got mine 2 days ago and can't wait to go underwater with it.

wunat:
Have been hesitated to get one at its normal price...................thanks to this thread. Got mine 2 days ago and can't wait to go underwater with it.

What happened to your custom made wetsuit pockets?

Vie:
What happened to your custom made wetsuit pockets?

Still have it. It was on my 0.5mm wetsuit. Works out really great and still holding on strongly. :D

I ordered the x-short to use with my 3mm suit which I just bought. Don't think the 0.5mm suit would be enough for me should I need to be underwater beyond recreational diving limit in the upcoming future. :ice:

wunat:
Don't think the 0.5mm suit would be enough for me should I need to be underwater beyond recreational diving limit in the upcoming future. :ice:

Dude, the last time I was down past 45m in Thailand the temp. was only 28 degrees C (and that was in "winter"). :D

Vie:
Dude, the last time I was down past 45m in Thailand the temp. was only 28 degrees C (and that was in "winter"). :D

Hmmmmmmmmmm..............:lightingz

Will make good use of it anyway. :11doh:

I'm just messing with ya - it IS more comfortable in 3mm when you are down there for a long time. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom