You know you're a scuba diver when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you're voice mail says something about diving and you'll get back to them on your next surface interval.

When you've got the above and everbody that calls you knows what it means :D

Funny how these threads re surface. I was a noob when this first arrived and yes I was diving but didn't feel comfortable claiming to be a diver.

My Eureka! moment to diver was when dry asked if I was Ok and returned the thumbs up signal, followed immediately with an eyes wide, Gasp! Signaled furiously, No, no, no and returned the Ok signal.
This confused the questioner. Ah ha! I thought (still a noob obviously) but I was thinking in this mute language.

When you fantasize of diving more than sex.:eyebrow:

you will not work in the cold, but you will jump in the water for 30 minutes. (just to stick a fish)

...when no matter how many dives you have done and how many cool things you have seen, you still learn/see something new on every dive and don't care if you didn't! ;0

...when your diving gets canceled, you wind up spending your day off drinking beer and surfing Scubaboard :)

Everytime I see a dive bumper sticker I want to ask the driver if they are okay in hand signals like it's our secret society handshake! :auto:

LMAO! I actually did that the other day and they responded!

Okay... you know you're a diver when...

You spend way too much time trying to figure out how to fit "scuba diver" or "diver down" onto your next vanity license plate! (Yep...and I think I've got it figured out and just hope that noone has it already!)

- all purchases are calculated in "boat dives."
- your wife offers to leave some of her clothes behind and pack some of your gear, because at 6'2", your dive gear just weighs too much for one bag.
- on that exotic dive trip, you just figure, if you run short of clothes... you'll buy more there...

Yeah, she's a blessing I count everyday!

... you read Sport Diver more often than the newspaper

... you pay attention to what brand gear divers wear in movies (everyone in Fool's Gold was using Mares gear!)

... you put on The Blue Planet: Seas of Life dvd for background noise when you're home by yourself

... you obsessively check IMDB for updates on the Shadow Divers movie

... you refer to a night at the bar as a decompression stop

... you've spent hours dreaming up ideas for a dive-related tattoo

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom