Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100'- the bottom of the Blue Grotto in Williston, FL. It was a multi-level dive though, so basically straight down to the 100' mark where the dive actually ends, back up to the 65' mark for a few minutes, then to the 25' platform for a 5 minute deco.......just to be safe. No narc, no ill effects, and loads of fun!

94 or 96 ft on the Spiegel Grove in Key Largo, FL. I'd have to look in my dive log to be sure. I would have gone deeper but someone in my dive group was having trouble with their ears.

Looks like you did over 3 hours of extra deco. The plan below is for 10 mins at 275' on air and has you out in 50 mins.

V-Planner:

Dec to 200ft (6) Air 30ft/min descent.
Dec to 275ft (9) Air 30ft/min descent.
Level 275ft 0:50 (10) Air 1.96 ppO2, 275ft ead
Asc to 80ft (16) Air -30ft/min ascent.
Stop at 80ft 1:30 (18) Air 0.72 ppO2, 80ft ead
Stop at 70ft 2:00 (20) Air 0.65 ppO2, 70ft ead
Stop at 60ft 2:00 (22) Air 0.59 ppO2, 60ft ead
Stop at 50ft 2:00 (24) Air 0.53 ppO2, 50ft ead
Stop at 40ft 3:00 (27) Air 0.46 ppO2, 40ft ead
Stop at 30ft 4:00 (31) Air 0.40 ppO2, 30ft ead
Stop at 20ft 19:00 (50) Air 0.34 ppO2, 20ft ead
Surface (50) Air -30ft/min ascent.

Couples week ago my buddies and I did a 300' dive in 43 degree low-vis water. Our PLAN had us out of the water, clean, and enjoying lattes at the cafe while you would have still been doing all that deco...:crafty:

But I guess when you do a dive with a plan based on training you don't get a T shirt. :D

And if I am thinking right air is toxic at around 210'. So you wouldn't be diving air. V-planner has ppO2 @275 =1.96. :no:

10 minutes at 2.0? No big deal.

But the narc can be a whole 'nother thing.

Ahem. Isn't such a statement a bit misleading to divers with no knowledge of OTU calculations reading this? Otherwise, I agree. :lotsalove:
Not really, OTUs are OTUs whether you know a lot about them or nothing about them makes no difference to the effect ... 10 minutes at 2.0 is simply not a big deal. Not knowing anything about them does not change the entries concerning oxtox in the Code of Absolute Reality ... does it?:D

As I said - I do agree. Your response just sounded too "whatever-ish", so some divers might not know where to draw the line. Plus, someone cold, tired, older... or combinations of - might have lesser tolerance to OxTox. We should advise caution and education for divers who want to go beyond generally accepted limits in rec diving, shouldn't we? :wink:

Btw, I've just heard yesterday how dive centers in Khao Lak, Thailand have almost unanimously set the depth limit at 30 m regardless of divers experience. Due to increased safety they say. Not sure if its true or not, yet if it is - I think it's just ridiculous.

200' so far

I'd personally go to 280' on air (PPO2 1.8), or deeper on trimix, with the right conditions/experience

Well if you had the experience, you wouldn't go to 200 on air let alone 280

Back
Top Bottom