Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

200' so far

I'd personally go to 280' on air (PPO2 1.8), or deeper on trimix, with the right conditions/experience

Unless I did my maths wrong, the ppO2 of air at 280' would be 2.0 ATA. But I am guessing that oxygen toxicity would be a distant third or fourth on the list of concerns at that depth on air.

Your math is right or we both are wrong. Now for those that want to get picky about it I did round up juuuust a bit. Personally I'm not doing much more that 1.8 and prefer 1.6.

Unless I did my maths wrong, the ppO2 of air at 280' would be 2.0 ATA. But I am guessing that oxygen toxicity would be a distant third or fourth on the list of concerns at that depth on air.

My mistake - I dive in metres and screwed up the conversion; should have said 250'

Thanks for the correction

I'm not recommending anyone else do it, just stating what I would be comfortable with, under the right conditions

Well if you had the experience, you wouldn't go to 200 on air

Okay, I'll bite; why not?

Last edited:
Kind of a neat story - at least I think so. Just got back from the the Caribbean - met one of those SAT deep commercial divers - his max was 1450 on an oil rig off the coast of Newfie - deco time 1 day per 100 feet plus a day. Fabulous money
Met him on a Discover Scuba Dive - never been rec diving - was not certified - he had to take the pool course !!!!!

Sharkbully - the car in your avatar interests me. Was your Jaguar supplied with the rampant cat on the hood, or did you add it later? They used to be standard fitment in Britain for many years, but they were associated with pedestrian injuries and have been prohibited for many years now.

It came with the hood ornament. This is my second Jag. Both came with it. I was told that they had just started this back in the first model I purchased. It was a 2002 model, they one in the picture is a 2005.

I dove ppO2 1.7 ATA at 233 feet (71 meters) in dark water at 40F.

Sharkbully - what do think of it? Is it reliable and well screwed together?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom