Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back to diving. I dove the chasm (between the continental plates) at the various Tiran reefs a few years ago, seven dives a day for three days, with the first four all being to 75 mtr or deeper. All on air.

10' thinking about going 12'

;-)

Really 65', I think. I prefer shallow - 25' to 35'. It's warmer, there is more coral and more light, I can stay down for long periods of time without working about nitrogen, and it's a whole lot easier to do a controlled ascent from say 30'!

PS. I'm really a very conservative diver. The only daring thing I've ever done diving was to go naked once - it's a good way to learn respect for coral...

In the early 90's we used to dive some really cool wrecks in the 120-160 foot range in Lake Erie. One wreck had the masts still standing and another had arches intact both in the 150-160 range. There was a 1930's steel stramer 3/4 inverted with portholes still attached at 130 and another upside down wooden steamer at 120. The Atlantic was an 1860's passenger ship at 150. It is illegal to dive now I am told. I have about 100 dives on those wrecks mostly in the 120-130 ft range.

I have not been much below 100 ft since I moved down south. I really miss diving them all but at 45 years of age I have no interest in going back to the deeper ones especially since the water temp is always in the low 40's. Plus the last time I dove one of the 160 ft. wrecks I saw mermaids and pirates swimming around.

Last edited:
I often dive 95 to 110 ft. max was 129, with no problems. Probably would go to 150 if I had a good reason.

173 feet (on air, steel 95 tank) on Maricaibo Wall in Cozumel with a very competent DM; would have gone deeper but another diver in the group was uncomfortable and wanted to begin our way up. No narcosis whatsoever. It's a beautiful, pristine wall and I'd do it again (deeper, even) on a heartbeat.

130'....by mistake. We were to go to 110' max, but the wall was so fantastic, four of us hit 130' before we realized our error. We were diving Nitrox and had no problems. Amazing how quickly you can loose track of depth on a wall dive.

Would go to 150' for a good wreck AND if I know my buddy's skill level is up to it.

Dozens of dives >130 fsw, Max at 154 fsw. Taking Adv Wreck/Cave with Trimix soon. I will be below 190' within a year. I would like to do some deeper stuff though, I think 330 ft will be my limit...in warm water. I too have read the last dive...best book I have ever read (recommended over Shadow Divers) Good diving, dont get bent.

Back
Top Bottom