Alabama lake diving? Wedowee, Smith, Martin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake Martin has a sunken city ( Irma) there are rock fireplaces and walls and such---there is also a grist mill, and a hundred yards or so of sunken bridge at about 35ft that is a shore dive

Now that sounds like an interesting dive! How is the visibility?

Last time i dove martin back around 1990 the vis was around 5-6 feet and around 3-5 after a buddy decided to stick his fins in the mud. Its a muddy river much like logan martin up here, did not know about the underwater city etc. Might try to pull the boat down that way this summer for a camping trip. Would love to hear more about the grist mill since I am working on getting a power plant up to run a small mill that is in the family.

Last edited:
Smith Lake has some buildings as well, located around Goat Island. We didn't find the church the last time we were there but did find some knee high walls that were made of rock. They were actually above the waterline since the water was very low in sept 07'.

Smith sounds pretty cool too !!! I realy dont care where we go ---i'm just eager to get wet and meet some new friends

Dates?

I'm gonna need least two weeks before I can go. Also April the 18th is out bc its A-DAY!!!!!! Tigers football and Cheeburger Cheeburger!!!!!!

Any April weekend day except Saturday the 4th would be great for me...or could possibly dive this weekend the 21st or 22nd....

April 11th?

Where?

I need to get my tanks filled and get the boat out to make sure its running right.

If were shore diving I might can go sooner.

I found this somewhere :confused: but i dont remeber where.

In the yellow middle is the town of susanna now under water. Anyone who knows the lake know how deep it is here?

There are several feeries and other bulidng markers scattered along this map as well.

susannab.jpg

The 11th sounds great....I know of three sites very close to each other ( sunken bridge, city Irma, and a grist mill) but they are a long way across the lake from Susanna....I dont know much about that part of the lake..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom