Alabama lake diving? Wedowee, Smith, Martin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7:30 it is.....see you all then

...Rick chime in please, I don't remember and didn't log the water temps...
Depending on the weather between now and then we may see some warming near the surface, but you can bet anything deeper than 20 FFW or so will be about 50; if we go all the way down into the channel I'd bet on about 44.
Rick

Thanks for the heads up Clan-Mom!
April 11th - sounds great
7:30am...you're killing me, but count me in anyway!
I'll have to figure a way to attach my coffee mug to my BC. :coffee:

Duct tape will work steve...haha

7:30 am...let's me out...can't afford a hotel and too far to drive that early!
Take some good pictures!

Depending on the weather between now and then we may see some warming near the surface, but you can bet anything deeper than 20 FFW or so will be about 50; if we go all the way down into the channel I'd bet on about 44.
Rick

Goodness! I was thinking about going, but 44 degrees is just too cold for me...there isn't enough drysuit underwear out there to make me comfortable at 44 degrees! I'm still totally interested in diving the lakes, though, when it warms up a bit more, say in a month or two.

7:30 am...let's me out...can't afford a hotel and too far to drive that early!
Take some good pictures!
Uh, it ain't like a train or plane :) We'll be diving more than once... I'd say a 0930 - 1000 show would be about right to join in on round two...
bamamedic:
Goodness! I was thinking about going, but 44 degrees is just too cold for me...there isn't enough drysuit underwear out there to make me comfortable at 44 degrees! I'm still totally interested in diving the lakes, though, when it warms up a bit more, say in a month or two.
Won't be 44 anywhere on the bridge rubble. To get that cold you'll have to drop down into the old Kowaliga creek bed at about 90 FFW. I don't plan to do that. The coldest I expect to see on the span is about 50, and that only below the first or second thermocline.
Rick

You have a dry suit.....I will be in a wet suit.....If I can take it, you definitely can...dont back out now

Just dove Lake Lanier yesterday, 46 degrees at 40 feet...loving it!

I keep a 20' sea doo boat @ Smith. I've been wanting to dive there. There's supposed to be several underwater houses, bridges, etc. I've seen a pontoon boat with a dive flag painted on it north east of the dam. I followed them to see where they were going to dive. They stopped in what I'd consider a high traffic area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom