Alabama lake diving? Wedowee, Smith, Martin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My boat could fit 4 or 5 maybe 6 divers w/ gear I guess. It's rated for up to 12 people but with all that dive gear there wouldn't be any room left. I need to know how many are going to be on the boat so I can get the proper amount of life jackets. there is only one seat on the boat and I may take it off so we'll be sitting on the deck.

We'll try and be there at 730, its a two hour drive for us. I'll be diving wet as well.

RV:
I keep a 20' sea doo boat @ Smith. I've been wanting to dive there. There's supposed to be several underwater houses, bridges, etc. I've seen a pontoon boat with a dive flag painted on it north east of the dam. I followed them to see where they were going to dive. They stopped in what I'd consider a high traffic area.
The Lovely Young Kat & I have been planning a paddle down the Sipsey this summer. I see a combo trip developing here :)
Rick

Rick I,m in on ther paddle down---I'm doing a two day 20 mile hike this weekend at sipsey.

Hmmm... a bit of a :hijack: but...
Looking at the projected flow, and our nearly full calendar, we're thinking now about the weekend of 18 April for the paddle rather than waiting for summer when the flow is iffy at best. And the flowers.... mustn't forget the flowers... peak flowers should be about 18 April :)
I think diving Smith in the summer is good though...
Rick

Rick I,m in on ther paddle down---I'm doing a two day 20 mile hike this weekend at sipsey.

be leary of the weather in the Sipsey wilderness area this weekend. lots of rain in the forcase and when it rains there, the river rises, cutting off access to get out sometimes if you've got to cross in the river valley.

just FYI.

(I know folks who have gotten stuck before because of the river rising).

And the flowers.... mustn't forget the flowers... peak flowers should be about 18 April :)
I think diving Smith in the summer is good though...
Rick

Adding to Rick's mini hijack, but I gotta ask Rick, do you do photography as well? If so, we need to plan a combo trip somewhere. Grab the macro lens and go hit some flowerbeds and bugs during the SI.

PM me sometime is this is something you do as well.

Kenny

Thanks for the warning.. my plans may change due to weather..Rick, I would like to go --just let me know.. Back on the subject....I have two people coming other than myself...we could possibly take turns doing shore / boat dives...because sounds like a number of people are going to show up

:hijack: (con't)
Adding to Rick's mini hijack, but I gotta ask Rick, do you do photography as well?
I try :)
Here are a few...
Rick
P.S. Cullman, eh? You know my first cousin Wilson the DA, then... :)

I have one person coming that will not be diving and maybe one that will. I'm pretty sure we can do 6 divers and gear maybe more if we take turns getting ready.

So who all is going?

So far I think we have:

1. Rick
  2. Aucade
  3. Aucade other diver 1
  4. Aucade other diver 2
  5. Clan Mom
  6. Steve Jones
  7. Myself

If I left someone out let me know.

John is...3. Aucade other diver 1 and Wes is 4. Aucade other diver 2..FYI

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/