Apeks DS4 hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine will be tilted...I will play with it when I get home, but try as I might I couldn't get them to look like MHK's with my hose protectors. Then again, he is diving suboptimal gear anyway (kidding...just watched Dreamchasers again at lunch)..

roakey once bubbled...

Yup, and look how they block access to the knobs.

Roak

They really don't block any access to the knobs. The picture may not show this, but I never had a problem in the least with reaching the knobs in this setup (the picture is of my 'old' rig).

I now dive Scubapro on backgas (MK20's) and they route even better than the Apeks.

--Pat

patmandu once bubbled...

They really don't block any access to the knobs. The picture may not show this, but I never had a problem in the least with reaching the knobs in this setup (the picture is of my 'old' rig).

I now dive Scubapro on backgas (MK20's) and they route even better than the Apeks.

--Pat
The difference may be that I'm a klutz. :)

Mk20s were my orginal back gas regs, then DSTs and now DS4s. The 'ol stage bottle migration route. :) I do like the Mk20s for back gas, didn't like the DSTs but REALLY like the DS4s!

Roak

I was thinking of starting a new thread, but this seems as good a place for my question as any. I'm in the market for some new regs and am going through the Scubapro/Apeks debate. I'm wondering what everyone seems to be leaning towards. I've seen a lot of y'all here like the DS4. How does that compare to the Flathead 6 or the ATX 200 1st stage (hose routing on doubles and performance). It's a question between the Mk25/S600 or the Apeks, and if the Apeks, which ones (DS4, Flathead 6, ATX200). All Apeks would be using the new, smaller ATX adjustable seconds. I'll probably go through simplyscuba or diveinn 'cause none of the shops aound my parts carry the Apeks if I go that route. Thanks for the help.

Travis

I like the hose routing on the DS4 is just a tiny bit better than the Mk20/25. Also the Mk20/25 has a swivel, which is a failure point.

But most importataly if you look at the price/performance of the Apeks vs. Scubapro, Apkes comes out WAY ahead.

Scubapro has always been very proud of their equipment, and sets their prices accordingly.

All my swivel 1sts (Mk20s and DSTs) have been migrated to my stage/deco regs.

Roak

I traded a TX100 for my ATX50/DS4, and though I don't regret it, I'll probably go back to TX100's for my doubles. I like the hose routing a bit better, and with the longer Sherwood knobs (which I don't have yet), there will be plenty of room to grasp the knobs. Six to one....

Mike

I got the perpendicular thing to work pretty well, although the HP hose bend made Divernva squirm...

With a Halcyon wing, what length inflator hose are you guys running?

My new 36# wing came with a 22" inflator hose...

Roak

Roakey I use MK20s & D400s .
One day I used a mates ATX 200 that he just serviced infront of me (dive store owner).
I'll never buy them for a main reg set, like sucking through a straw compaired to my setup

But I have a question as well :) If one was to buy two regs for deco, One for 100% O2 the other for air bailout whats the the go, keeping both the same type / model.
What do you all use & would you get it again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom