Apeks DS4 hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickoz once bubbled...
Roakey I use MK20s & D400s .
One day I used a mates ATX 200 that he just serviced infront of me (dive store owner).
I'll never buy them for a main reg set, like sucking through a straw compaired to my setup
It wasn’t serviced correctly. Apeks breathe wonderfully, sorry you breathed a lemon. If you talk to people that have had regulator failures (free flows, burping, hard breathing, leaks, etc.) almost ALWAYS it’s immediately after servicing. This is another LDS pet peeve of mine -- LDS’ love to talk the “life support equipment” line to make sales but they rarely ever walk it with service. They’ll service a reg and throw it out the door with only minor testing.

After all, if there’s a problem the customer will bring it back for a “free” fixup, right?

My Mk20s/G250s are on my stage/deco bottles along with my old DSTs/TX50s. One Mk20/G250 even has pretty green plastic that I use for pure O2.

Roak

Has anyone tried ATX200 regs for hose routing? I have the opportunity to borrow a wing and doubles and do some practice diving with an experienced tec diver, and was going to pick up a pair of DS4's and use my existing TX40/50 second stages, but am thinking about the ATX200 first stages, and that they may have better hose routing than the "angled" DS4 mounting.

A couple people asked me to post so they could answer their own hose routing questions...here is that post and some pics.

Which way would you route it? Tilted or straight?

Another angle

...to show the angle...

or straight...

Thanks to bengiddins for the link...

O-ring once bubbled...
or straight...

One problem with this one: the bands are way too low. This rig will beat hell outta your head. With the bands raised the routing isn't so pretty but still works (you get more bend on the straight down hoses).

Bands should be JUST below the curve.

Tom

Bands should be JUST below the curve.

Is JUST below the curve like "on the bottom of the curve is the top of the band" or "there is an inch or so before the band"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom