Apeks XTX50 DS4 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba393

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking at the XTX50 DS4 setup. I like the DS4 over the DST because there's no rotating turret. It seems that this combo only comes in a DIN connection. Does anyone know if it comes in a yoke connection? I'm trying to avoid the DIN - Yoke adapter to keep the 1st stage from sticking out too much. Or, can I buy a yoke conversion kit?

You can get the DS4 in a yoke but it will come with the XTX40 2nd stage ( no adjustable spring tension knob) Part # AP0331

Use the XTX 40 as back up and order the XTX50 as an additional 2nd stage and use it as your primary.

I suggest going to your local Aquualung dealer, they will be most qualified to help you.

Jim

If you would like the DS4 in a yoke configuration, simply specify that to the Apeks/Aqualung dealer when placing the order. The dealer should be able to sell a yoke-configured DS4 with any of the Apeks second stages (XTX200/100/50/40/20). As eelpout pointed out, Apeks/Aqualung first stages are typically paired with certain second stages for convenience and/or marketing reasons, but they are all meant to be interchangeable. Any dive shop worth it's salt should be able to accommodate your straightforward request. I obtained both DIN and yoke parts for my Apeks first stage. The yoke parts are stashed in my dive closet at home most of the time. I'll only convert from DIN to yoke when I go on a dive vacation where I know I'll be encountering primarily yoke tank valves.

FYI, the Apeks DS4, DST, FST, and FSR first stages all use the same yoke clamp [AP1403], yoke clamp connector [AP1407], and yoke clamp screw [AP1402]. For cosmetic reasons, the yoke clamp comes in a "satin" or "chrome" finish to match the rest of the first stage.

For what it's worth, I have used a DIN-configured Apeks first stage (FST) with a spin-on DIN-to-yoke adapter on many occasions and have never had any issues with the first stage protruding too much. At least that's been my experience.

Good luck with your reg purchase...

Back
Top Bottom