Babieca Dive Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last I heard La Ceiba didn't have an on site dive op at all. Just a shop on site for shore diving... things really have changed there since El Cid bought it.

I LOVE La Ceiba ... El Cid is a different feeling all together. Long Story.

Personally, I'd stick with Alison. Very well run operation.

Cozumel 2011 - YouTube

Staying at the EL you cannot go wrong with this dive center plus you are just minutes from your drop off

Be there on Nov 8 David Pressler Above & Below H2O Also we use cruise ships as taxis if interested check out Cruise Divers on Cruisecritic.com CatalinaTahitiWeb.jpg

I did a search but only found info and posts from 2011, maybe I should try different key words. Thanks for the feedback. Not looking for a comparison, I know Alison and how she runs things. She is awesome and my family loves to dive with her. I was just curious what folks here think about Babieca. I have looked at trip advisor, but only 14 reviews and 3 of them not good. I guess the only reason I would consider them is their pricing for 5 days of 2 tanks diving saves me about $150.00 for the week. Also the convenience of lockers for gear.

Thanks

Just use "Babieca" in the search. I got a couple threads. Well yea, to save $150 I'd go with the smaller slower boats and ESPECIALLY if doesn't include valet service and I get a locker....:confused:

cup5-answer.jpg

But as I said, a couple people on here love them.

Um, that's in understandable terms? Is it just me?

Gun, he is a hydrant humper, so I am sure he gets it. It means going from something cool where you can sleep half your career to something will only let you sleep about a third of it and you have to touch sick people.

ambulance.jpg

I sorta hoped for more of a rise outta him, but what can you do.

I have been diving with the guys at Babieca 2 or 3 times a year for the last 5 years. I think they are fantastic. Carlos is the manager and we usually have Luis as our DM. Luis is very good at matching your skills/profile, tends to be a bit on the conservative side until he gets to know you and your abilities. They do have smaller boats, usually only 4-8 divers (8 max) but are fast so gets to the dive sites pretty quick. We are heading to El Cid next week and I don't even want to think about using anybody else.

Steve

Ditto to what steve said . Been diving with Babeica for about 6 yrs. You get to dive your tank, will ask where you want to go, small fast boat. Luis the dm is good with new divers and will let experienced divers do their thing as long as you do it safely. Keeps an eye on all his divers.

---------- Post added November 9th, 2014 at 08:58 AM ----------

Did not mention la ceiba above but always stayed there 3 to 4 times a year. Great staff clean rooms and never had any problems with anything coming up missing. We would leave cameras computers sitting around. We would still be staying there but ended up buying a house. charles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom