Best food on the island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Dorado taco shop is run by a great lady who cranks out great tasting tacos. They're about 3/4 blocks down from the beach on Calle 7 Sur.

Just around the corner from my place and where I often stop on the way home from diving. The flies can be a bit bothersome sometimes but she's got some tables outdoors now so that is better. The place across the street - La Casa de las Iguanas - has good food also. I've picked up takeout lunches there for $45 pesos (about $4 US). Or they will deliver for another 5 pesos. Open early and closes around 4.

FYI there`s another el Dorado on the island cross road up around 75th Ave or so. They make GREAT tacos. Place is always packed with locals.

We enjoyed La Parilla on 30th. Just had a good feel about the place, plus the prices were fair and the food was quite good. I had the chile rellenos and man it was delicious.
Question for everyone who has been to Kinta. What is good on their menu and what is their signature dish? When I was returning our vw to isis, saw the place, but didn't get a chance to eat there. Instead grabbed me a quick selection of pastries at Zermatt.
Kinta's menu is fairly small (10-12 entrees), but it changes. I have never had a bad or even marginal meal there. It's a bit pricey, but well worth it for a special occasion. It's very popular and pretty small, so you'd best call ahead for reservations.

There are a lot of Cozumel restaurants on my list, and I don't try to rank them, but if I did, Kinta would be right up there near the top.

Kintas, I think I ate there and it was great but I thout it was Quintas- prob my error.
There was a great Italian restauraunt with awesome pizza and pasta, expensive but really great - the owner sounded like he was imported from italy even made my friends son a custom dish which was really cool and nice. will get the name

******** Ditto the other reccommendations just read them and they are right on the money! *********
Great diving great eating!!!

I LOVE that place. It's on a north-east street corner on 30th. I forget the cross street...maybe Rosada Salas, but it's just down the block from the San Francisco, El Pique etc.

Yesterday's discussion prompted me to hike down there and pick up some chicken. Well, there IS a chicken place on the corner of 30th and RS, but not the one that I prefer. I like the one located on 4th Ave. N. and 30th. My mistake! I notice it's been painted since I last ate from there and I think maybe the name has changed.

Yes Zman, it is. Here are a few photos of places mentioned on this thread which I walked past today while out and about.

P1030002.JPG

P1030007.JPG

P1030009.JPG

Thanks for the pics, we usually stop there twice per trip to pick up lunch. If I remember correctly the price is 80 pesos, for enough chicken and sides feeds 3 of us. Having the roasting chickens visible from the street sure is a good advertising technique.

Thanks for the pics, we usually stop there twice per trip to pick up lunch. If I remember correctly the price is 80 pesos, for enough chicken and sides feeds 3 of us. Having the roasting chickens visible from the street sure is a good advertising technique.

Close. A whole bird yesterday was 85pesos.

This thread is one I could spend hours responding to. We've been regular visitors to Cozumel for the past 25-years and consider finding the best food (regardless of the decor) as our contribution to humanity. And coincidentally, I booked tickets yesterday for our next trip down in a few weeks.

Our rather long short-list of favorites is:
Cheap Tacos — Los Sera’s
Fried Fish — Santa Carlos
Take Out — Triunfo Rotiseria
Mexican — La Choza
Breakfast — Prima Trattoria
Sandwich/Salad — Rock ‘N Java
Pizza — Guido’s
Splurge — Kinta Mexican Bistro
Dessert — Coffee Bean

You'll notice that several from our list have been mentioned by others posting on this thread. But to answer the original question - If there was only 1 I had to choose, it would be Santa Carlos Pescaderia.

We've got lots more listed along with honest reviews on our web-page at: Cozumel Restaurants - Mexico Travel Guide - MXTravel.com

You can now add Kondessa Mexican Kitchen to the list!

Affordable Mexican food

Where: Av. 5 between Calle 5 and Calle 7 Sur
When: Tuesday - Sunday 5:30PM - 10:30PM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom