BP/W question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackwood:
Plainly... that makes no sense.

Unless he's using this wing and keeps it fully inflated at all times:
maximus-wing-left-bg_0829001132.jpg

That's one of the main draws of a BP/W system. The modularity allows for a very simple, minimalist, streamlined rig.
Hot air balloon!

Does anyone make a dual bladder w/ dual dumps for doubles?

How does that spandex design hold up compared to the oxy or dive rite designs?

MRF:

Dual dumps are unneccessary.

I have no direct knowledge of the Triple design, but I can say spandex is not durable in the long term. It has a latex thread. Latex is what most elastic is made from, think about the waist band in a pair of underwear, latex thread. Ever had a pair of undies loose their "grip"?

Tobin

Blackwood:
It's helpful for those really long dives...
1000-gallon-vertical-air-receiver.jpg
of these.

I'll have to work out details for cam bands, and weld a collar to thread in the valve.. but it's do-able. :D

cool_hardware52:
Dual dumps are unneccessary.

I have no direct knowledge of the Triple design, but I can say spandex is not durable in the long term. It has a latex thread. Latex is what most elastic is made from, think about the waist band in a pair of underwear, latex thread. Ever had a pair of undies loose their "grip"?

Tobin
Yes, I have. And, I've lost my grip a few times, too. :D

MRF:

I dive a Zeagle dual bladder system with dual inflators and dual dumps. They have two models. Big Bertha (dual 65lb) and Little Bertha (dual 55lb). I have no problem with drag or streamlining and lets just say I have had a few cylinders on my person during some dives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom