Canister Light Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which Intovas?

Perhaps those divers were just as careless as the divers with a twist on BU who didn't press down on the bezel.

Why is carelessness the fault of the diver in one instance, and not the other?

Sounds like the problem was fixed with a design change... but wasn't that stated earlier on in this thread?

Ya know, Halcyon had alot of issues with their early 10w HIDs too. They fixed them and everythings good now. I wonder if you would be singing the same song back then as you are now?... or just continue drinking the koolaid :wink:

It was one with the tail switch, another with the magnetic slide thing.

Pushing a button happens a lot easier than twisting a bezel, since it takes two hands to do it. A button can be activated by the clip/ d-ring pressing it, and its obvious that a short slide switch is very easy to knock into the on position. Its just not the same.

The button is recessed, I'd take my chances :wink:

Which Intovas?
Perhaps those divers were just as careless as the divers with a twist on BU who didn't press down on the bezel.

Why is carelessness the fault of the diver in one instance, and not the other?

Sounds like the problem was fixed with a design change... but wasn't that stated earlier on in this thread?
I dropped mine in the sand while gearing up and ruined my switch (popped out when I went to turn it on). Upsetting, but confirmed what I knew in that Intova's are great lights on the surface, but not something I'd bring in the water.

Ya know, Halcyon had alot of issues with their early 10w HIDs too. They fixed them and everythings good now. I wonder if you would be singing the same song back then as you are now?... or just continue drinking the koolaid
Personally I wouldn't buy a Welch Allyn based HID. I might enjoy a bit of koolaid, but I won't pay extra for a more fragile bulb. :popcorn: I think Halcyon has recently changed over however, but I still don't have a local dealer I trust to take stuff to for service. Maybe you can send it directly to Halcyon? Duno, I guess if I have issues with any Halcyon gear I might look into it... With how easy it is to get service from Light Monkey I don't see myself drinking that flavor cool aide :wink:

My friend had an Intova, great light but the sucky switch, in dry gloves you do not really feel it. And the sand is the killer for it. Replaced by a Scout

I dropped mine in the sand while gearing up and ruined my switch (popped out when I went to turn it on). Upsetting, but confirmed what I knew in that Intova's are great lights on the surface, but not something I'd bring in the water.

The design of the switches has been changed *shrugs*

Gah! ...and its KoolAid! :p

koolaid_man_game.jpg

The design of the switches has been changed *shrugs*

Gah! ...and its KoolAid! :p

koolaid_man_game.jpg

i think the issue being people had so many problems with the things they're just not willing to give them a second (or third or fourth) chance
backup lights are a simple thing and I think people try and reinvent the wheel a little too much.

although take that for what it's worth. from a kool aid drinker

i think the issue being people had so many problems with the things they're just not willing to give them a second (or third or fourth) chance
backup lights are a simple thing and I think people try and reinvent the wheel a little too much.

although take that for what it's worth. from a kool aid drinker

...reinventing the wheel... like SS inflators? :D

Salvo/Leviathon/Light Monkey got a head start in the game since they learned most of their lessons under a different brand. Aside from them, everyone's had a bad product or three, most will redesign, and rerelease(Halcyon and Intova have both).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom