Carry-on luggage charged extra?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've only had my carry on weighed one time (and I fly monthly) and that was by TACA on a flight to Roatan. I actually took a heavy thing out of my carry-on and left it on the floor while they weighed it. They couldn't see over the counter (suckers LOL)

No - they don't charge you for gate check. It's their fault that the overhead bin space is full.

One thing you could try - if you're carrying on expensive equipment, and want to make sure you get overhead space, is - Tell the gate agent, that you'll need a little extra time to board, and that you'd like to ensure that your equipment gets in the overhead bin above your seat.

I usually take my camera in my carry-on bag. I'm shipping my housing to California when I go there in 3 weeks, but that's not always practical, but it's also double insured, since I have insurance on my rig, and then UPS insurance for any damage or loss in shipping.

Good links Trisha, thanks.

also check the airlines restrictions on sports gear, most let scuba gear go free. But print it and take it with you when you check in

wow...really? brilliant.

adrisen:
also check the airlines restrictions on sports gear, most let scuba gear go free. But print it and take it with you when you check in

Free perhaps but not over the 2 X 50lb bag limit. Some airlines will actually charge extras if they know your bags contain Scuba gear.

Diver Dennis:
Free perhaps but not over the 2 X 50lb bag limit. Some airlines will actually charge extras if they know your bags contain Scuba gear.

tried that with me once....pulled some gear out and carried it on.:D

Diver Dennis:
I have heard of some divers wearing their BC onto the plane stang...:D
Gee, THAT wouldn't get you any unwanted attention from security.

Back
Top Bottom