Changing Apeks XTX 50 from yoke to DIN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I keep the apeks din to yoke adapter in my travel box. I believe that it's easier to carry than tools and small parts. I will not use the yoke on my tanks. Just rentals, and I won't know what I need until I am checking my tanks. It's just too convenient to screw it on, and install regs on tank and your done.

It's more of a convenience item than anything, and admittedly it will be used infrequently depending on your travel schedule. It's a better to have and not need it kind of an item in my opinion.

A simple box wrench and a hex key.

While you might get away with that, to do it right takes quite a few more tools including a torque wrench and a vise. But it is an option as long as you have the hardware. This is something you would do as part of your trip planning/preparation; not on the fly.

I have din tanks and yoke tanks; and I have din regulators and yoke regulators. And I have a din to yoke adapter. What I use depends on my destination and the tanks I will have there. Many divers complain about hitting their head when they use an adapter. (I'm lucky and have enough arthritis to prevent that problem.) You can always mount your tank a bit higher, lower, or off axis to reduce the problem if it bothers you.

I've never heard of arthritis being a good thing before. But at least you make the best of it. Thanks for the advice though I think I'll get the adapter until I can afford two different regulators lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom