dir or not dir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not ment to be bait at all. where we dive is very extreme diving.
Water temps being from 33F and up. Warm water dive for us is 50F. We have to make sure we are diving safely and our gear is working properly as we have a few more things to be concerned about.

At first I honestly thought you might want to know about DIR. that has since changed. I now know that you simply want to come here to try to argue against DIR, and try to trash those who choose to adopt those principles.

big james if you look back you will see that i came on here asking questions that i could not find answers for. people started trashing me first for asking such questions. It was not me who started it. i have had a couple people give me some of the answers i was looking for, as for the rest i honestly do feel they have been brainwashed by the DIR way. Everything that was sent to me to read, i did. Being of sound mind i can form this opinion. I will try everything and us what works best for me, be it the DIR way or a combination of all ways. I know if something happens.. its not how your gear is configured that matters. its what in your head..

My, my, my... don't we all get emotional?
The original question may have contained bait, and most took it!
Omar, the cool head, extracted the diving question and answered it well, and didn't appeal to "DIR" once in his answer. Now that's the way to defend a position.
BZ Omar!
As for me, I buy the barrel o-ring manifold, for the reasons Omar stated.
Rick :)

Originally posted by scuba_guy
I know if something happens.. its not how your gear is configured that matters. its what in your head..
Yeah, sure...
As a self proclaimed "person getting into tec[sic] diving" you would know all about it.

Well then configure however you wish... since it doesn't matter.

~~~~~~~~~~
I know, I know.... I said, "don't feed the trolls"....
Shoot, it's hard not to...
they're so... cute.... when they pontificate...
~~~~~~~~~~

If you really want answers lose the chip on your shoulder... it is a huge snag hazzard... and a part of your configuration that needs to change before you can make further progress...

You should do some technical diving before asking technical questions. Then you could understand the answers that have been put before you.

You can't condemn somebody's shoes until you've walked in them.

If you asked about the affect of thermodynamics on the skin of an airplane, you would first have to know about airplanes.

JMHO

ID

well you know some people like to ask questions before they make some major purchases. and then some people just buy what they are told to buy.
and to think i havn't even asked about which stage bottles to get catalina's or luxfer's. I'm sure when i ask about those i will get some brainwashed comments also. :)

oh brother....

You sure are full of it. I suggest that you get some training and experience because it takes a fair amount before you would need stages. While you are getting the experience use both and you will find out the answer.

omar

omar i already know the answer.. if you go DIR then it has to be luxfer, but blind folded no one can tell the difference..:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom