Diving books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just finished "Submerged" by Daniel Lenihan. It's the history of the National Park Service's underwater team: archeology, wrecks, rescue. You name it, they've done it. Great read.

MgicTwnger once bubbled...
I just finished "Submerged" by Daniel Lenihan. It's the history of the National Park Service's underwater team: archeology, wrecks, rescue. You name it, they've done it. Great read.

I've also read this book and really liked it. I'm currently reading Neutral Buoyancy by Tim Ecott. It's sort of a history book on all things scuba. It's goes back to the origins of scuba but also examines free diving and underwater habitats and different stuff like that. It's not academic. It's quite readable. I'm really enjoying it.

I just finished the The Cave Divers by Robert Burgess

http://www.aquaquest.com/books/cavediver.htm

Great book, but instead of focussing on wreck diving it foucusses on the evolution of cave diving. Its amazing some of the depths people went to on air early in the sport.

Deep Descent and The Last Dive were also great books. Neutral Bouyancy is a good history of diving in general with some nice sidelines about aqua related industries.

Anybody read Fatal Depth yet?

Fatal Depth is like a watered down Deep Descent. The author does a decent job of covering all the dive accidents, but it lacks all the other good diving tidbits that McMurray put in Deep Descent.

I liked Deep Descent better, but I will read anything to do with diving so I can't say I didn't like Fatal Depth..

I may wait to read Fatal Depth then. I was afraid it was just a rehash of the same events of Deep Descent.

Anybody know of any good non-fiction books about commercial or military diving. I'm fascinated by the procedures/equipment they use.

I would think that recreational divers could learn a lot about safety from them. (obviously some of their practices are prohibitively expensive).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom