• McDonalds

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Glazed Donuts

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Grilled food (steaks burgers)

Votes: 17 20.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like fruit. If it's an AM dive (and it usually is), my breakfast is usually a muffin, bagel, peanut butter toast, or something similar.

The Miss Lindsey (Lynnhaven Dive Center, VA Beach) grills hotdogs during the surface interval.

Last time I was on the boat I ate three. I highly recommend against this...

Cornfed

More often than not breakfast is kimchi and rice. Lunch is often raw fish or kimchi soup and usually we end the dive day with grilled pork and a few shots of soju. On the boat I usually turn down the sea urchins that everyone else is happily munching on between dives. :)

Man, I gotta go diving in Korea! The food is just my speed. :)

Whenever I got to Pulau Aur in Malaysia, I always come back overfed and deliriously happy from excess compressed air :D

Food during a typical diving day at the Divers' Lodge:

Snacks before the dawn dive: Toast with any type of spread and fruits (apples and bananas)

DAWN DIVE

Brekkie: A buffet spread of sausages, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, French toast, toast, waffles, bananas, apples, roti prata (Indian bread) with a side of chicken curry.

MORNING DIVE

Lunch buffet spread: Fried chicken, fries, soup, veggies, a sandwich station with all kinds of bread and fillings, fresh baguettes, lots of tropical fruits.

AFTERNOON DIVE

Tea break: Hot donuts with Hershey's chocolate sauce (yes... oh yesss....!!)

ANOTHER AFTERNOON DIVE IF YOU WANT TO

Second tea break: Delicious ramen with eggs and mushrooms

NIGHT DIVE

BBQ dinner spread: Fish, shrimps, hot dogs, chicken, steak, fries, fried rice, salad, fruits.

I wonder why I love diving.... :D

We picked up one of those Fire and Ice Grills earlier this year, and it is awesome - you can grill up something that's really good, keep the hot stuff hot and the cool stuff cool. We did a dive and camp weekend a couple of weeks ago, and fed 5 people for 2 days with just the fire and ice grill and one canister of propane.

I avoid basic fair on dive days and stick with melon and maybe light bread or pasty. Is gentler when you taste it the second time on the boat than heavy greasy food

I like the idea of the Starbusts. Maybe the Korean food after . .

Well...it depends on what type of diving I am doing......

Boat diving? ginger snaps, Sprite, water and maybe crackers (I get seasick very easily) and the much needed Lifesaver wintergreen or peppermint candies for that "feeling".

Quarry diving or cave diving will find us with typical lunch fare & snacks....ham, cheese, whole wheat bread, lowfat pringles (travel better), string cheese, triscuits, grapes, granola bars, GORP (cheerios, nuts, M&M's & raisins), fruit cups, apples, PB&J....etc.

Breakfast depends on whether I'm boat diving or quarry/cave diving. Yogurt, bagels and creamcheese for land based diving and dry toast, oatmeal or cereal with minimal milk for boat diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom