Favorite restaurants in Cozumel???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Favorites, whether "off beaten path" or not: ... I spend A LOT of time off the beaten path, exploring the island and San Miguel, but don't really eat "off the beaten path" too much, because we already have a list of 20+ places we like to eat, and can't make all those in one trip as it is! :D

Buccanos (day or night) - breakfast, lunch & the fabulous Buccanos at Night! (numero uno, top 3 for sure)

'Ohana - dinner, EVERYTHING is excellent! from authentic Chicago style deep pan pizza to their amazing lobster rolls...it's all good!

Le Chef - top 3 for sure for me & my wife's favorite restaurant on the island.

La Terazza - other part of the top 3, great, just great.

The Museum - great for a day off from diving breakfast, also open for lunch and now dinner

Rock-n-Java - I think this place gets overlooked by some because they think it's a "tourist" place. Truth is, I usually see more locals , sure maybe ex-pats, but locals non-the less, than tourists in here. the food is wonderful, extensive menu for breakfast, lunch & dinner and fur sure some of the best desserts on the island!

El Moro - hard to find, but well worth it. traditional Yucatan/Mexican dishes...awesome

Le Hatch (good "go to" place when other places have closed, open till at least midnight wed-sat) El Pastor tacos or torta is highly recommended

Burritos/Gorditos - EXCELLENT Burritos...bring a friend. :D

Rastas/Freedom Bar/Bob Marley's (whichever you prefer) - great relaxing natural "air conditioned" place to spend the p.m. after a mornings dive.

Still like Mission Parillia (sp?), or is it Parilla Mission? on 30th? - heck, I just go there nowadays

and of course, no visit to Coz is complete without a stop at Casa Denis.

a new one we found this year, is sort of off the beaten path. You could miss it if you didn't know it was there anyway...Rock-n-Java Noodle Bar - we ate there twice, split the Chicken Cashew noodle bowl, both times...excellent! located just to your left, as you walk into Mega from the covered parking lot.

Those are the one's right off hand I can think of as stand-outs...my wife has also become quite fond of the little Chocolate shop on 3rd Ave. South, for a quick dessert stop. "Chocolate Belle" or something like that? we usually park in the public parking lot just next door, so it's right on the way back to the car...how convenient! :D
Walked up to Papprilla Mission on 30th last night and it was gone!!!!!! As of yesterday they have they have moved it to the Papala in the garden behind Casa Mission. The entrance is on calle 1a ( a block south of Juarez beteen av50 and 55). It has the same great menu and prices. I did check and it is still in the taxi 'colonial' district so the fare is still $30 MNP to / from anywhere downtown.

Walked up to Papprilla Mission on 30th last night and it was gone!!!!!! As of yesterday they have they have moved it to the Papala in the garden behind Casa Mission. The entrance is on calle 1a ( a block south of Juarez beteen av50 and 55).

The good part is 50% off for the month of July.

i agree on Ernesto's - no trip of mine to Cozumel would be complete without at least one lunch at Ernesto's for Fajitas. And I think the East Side restaurant you are thinking of is Chen Rio - very good seafood.

Exactly....it is Chen Rio.

---------- Post added July 16th, 2014 at 04:36 PM ----------

Favorites, whether "off beaten path" or not: ... I spend A LOT of time off the beaten path, exploring the island and San Miguel, but don't really eat "off the beaten path" too much, because we already have a list of 20+ places we like to eat, and can't make all those in one trip as it is! :D

Buccanos (day or night) - breakfast, lunch & the fabulous Buccanos at Night! (numero uno, top 3 for sure)

'Ohana - dinner, EVERYTHING is excellent! from authentic Chicago style deep pan pizza to their amazing lobster rolls...it's all good!

Le Chef - top 3 for sure for me & my wife's favorite restaurant on the island.

La Terazza - other part of the top 3, great, just great.

The Museum - great for a day off from diving breakfast, also open for lunch and now dinner

Rock-n-Java - I think this place gets overlooked by some because they think it's a "tourist" place. Truth is, I usually see more locals , sure maybe ex-pats, but locals non-the less, than tourists in here. the food is wonderful, extensive menu for breakfast, lunch & dinner and fur sure some of the best desserts on the island!

El Moro - hard to find, but well worth it. traditional Yucatan/Mexican dishes...awesome

Le Hatch (good "go to" place when other places have closed, open till at least midnight wed-sat) El Pastor tacos or torta is highly recommended

Burritos/Gorditos - EXCELLENT Burritos...bring a friend. :D

Rastas/Freedom Bar/Bob Marley's (whichever you prefer) - great relaxing natural "air conditioned" place to spend the p.m. after a mornings dive.

Still like Mission Parillia (sp?), or is it Parilla Mission? on 30th? - heck, I just go there nowadays

and of course, no visit to Coz is complete without a stop at Casa Denis.

a new one we found this year, is sort of off the beaten path. You could miss it if you didn't know it was there anyway...Rock-n-Java Noodle Bar - we ate there twice, split the Chicken Cashew noodle bowl, both times...excellent! located just to your left, as you walk into Mega from the covered parking lot.

Those are the one's right off hand I can think of as stand-outs...my wife has also become quite fond of the little Chocolate shop on 3rd Ave. South, for a quick dessert stop. "Chocolate Belle" or something like that? we usually park in the public parking lot just next door, so it's right on the way back to the car...how convenient! :D

How could I forget Casa Denis.....always really good!

1-The burger place on Avenida 5, between calle 3 and 5.. This is just a little stand. Two guys grilling on charcoal.. Hope they are still there in July..
The burgers are grilled as you wait, and be prepared for a wait...however, soooo well worth it. I think the price is around $5.00 USD for a nice sized burger..
SueSue...is this place --which I think is called Burger House--open Wed thru Sun or Sun thru Wed? Note: the hours of operation are 7P-12A from what I've read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom