First time going to GBR (in July)-- would greatly appreciate some knowledgable advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jumping on to this tread. I'm going on the TAKA ribbon reef in August. I'm curious as to the thickness/type of wetsuits used for that time of year on the reefs? 3mm, 5mm? I have my own 7mm for SoCal diving, but I don't think I need to bring that along with me.

Here is my experience with medical forms.

Based on what I read in this thhread, my friend and I got knew doctor signatures on a PADI form. We first did a day of diving with Poseiden out of Port Douglas. We had to fill out a form that included about 5 questions related to medical issues. We produced our forms, and the guy taking our info, apparently new, was flustered. He had to ask a more senior crew member what that was all about.

The next day we got on our liveaboard, where all we had to do was sign a single statement declaring we were fit to dive. Having brought those signed doctor statements, we produced them anyway. Again, they were surprised to see them. We clearly didn't need them.

5mm. Some may say 3 or less, but I find by the 2/3 rd day of 4+ dives a day you start to feel cold.

doctors forms - only if you tick yes to any of the conditions or if you're taking medication. For example I'm on medication for a permanent illness that has absolutely no impact on diving. SOF won't let me dive without a doctors letter stating it's safe. It's not related at all to any of the Padi risk questions. I now don't take the medication whilst on dive trips so my answer to the question at the time I fill the form out us no I am no taking medication.

BTW, a major cyclone passed through a few weeks ago, and some of the sites were heavily damaged. The dive operator we used said they are still learning which sites are which so they know where to go.

Back
Top Bottom