• Yes

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 161 78.9%
  • once in a while

Votes: 17 8.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit:
Why lie? The only one you're lying to is yourself in the end, nobody else really cares whether you're standing there with 500psi, 1000psi or 2500psi after the dive. Standing there with an empty tank is another story of course but I'm probably not going to have to ask about that one so there won't be an opportunity to lie.
Ber :lilbunny:

Nobody cares? Obviously the guy asking you about your psi cares.

Isn't "once in a while" a yes?

My goal is to surface and end the dive with about 250-300 psi in the tank. So unless there is another reason such as I have a time limit, the dive is super boring, I'm cold, I've got a cramp, I've got to PEE!, I'm hungry, the dive and exit conditions are difficult, my buddy is ready to get out (see my reasons) We will sit at the 15 foot stop, extend the ascent, or hang out on the tag line until I'm at 350. My normal buddies usually surface with 200-500 psi more than I do.

Charlie59:
Isn't "once in a while" a yes?

yes it is,,,,but some people like this answer better :wink:
so far around 20% said at one point they have lied about their tank air AFTER a dive on the SURFACE:rtfm:
Since it is a safe lie...just like a white lie....do it is ok!:eyebrow:

I had a DM in MX who must've thought I was lying when I told him I was low on air. He believed me when I started sucking on his alternate. I was a new diver.

I never had to, I'll usually last out and still have lots left, sometimes I am 20 minutes (late) or longer, so the guys I dive with know that I for some reason, just don't consume as much and I solo mostly, so never really comes up... altho it's fun to come out 20 mins later and have 1k :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom