• Yes

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 161 78.9%
  • once in a while

Votes: 17 8.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RussR:
This is funny. Every boat I have ever been on, and i am a relatively new diver so it is not many, there are ALWAYS people asking how much air someone else has left, always. It is ridiculous. Like this in some way makes you cooler or better than the next person. I never have understood it.

I guess if it was done in a attempt at learning or improving breathing techniques it would be ok, but it never is, its always in a voice much louder than normal conversation "I have 1300 PSI left, I could have blah blah blah... How much you have left?" - silly, but whatever gets you through...

I wouldnt lie - I would just stare blankly at the person asking

Ah, so you have met that person as well. I'm with you, I see those people all the time.

I agree with Miss and Russ. I see this a lot, asking how much the other people on the boat have left. I'm almost always solo but they usually only ask me once because I'm the last one on the boat for a reason. :wink:

I will add that these are resort situations and not people diving with regular buddies. Whether people lie about it I don't know but I can understand how annoyed they get after a few days of another diver asking them how much air they have left after every dive.

I ask so that I can trans fill my LP72's after each dive. . .

RussR:
This is funny. Every boat I have ever been on, and i am a relatively new diver so it is not many, there are ALWAYS people asking how much air someone else has left, always. It is ridiculous. Like this in some way makes you cooler or better than the next person. I never have understood it.

I guess if it was done in a attempt at learning or improving breathing techniques it would be ok, but it never is, its always in a voice much louder than normal conversation "I have 1300 PSI left, I could have blah blah blah... How much you have left?" - silly, but whatever gets you through...

I wouldnt lie - I would just stare blankly at the person asking

ooops. i am one of em:D

I treat it like the opposite to the price is right.

"So russ, how much air you got left?"

"Well, AXL, i have about 727 on my digital pressure gauge"

"really?....I bid 728! BOB":eyebrow:

I can't lie since I'm always ending my dives with CESA's :eyebrow:

:joke:

he he

a better question is "how much deco did you buy"

"oh...just a tad"

that's not funny

Scuba is NOT funny.

SCUBA is serious!! ALL THE TIME!!! NO FUN ALLOWED!!!

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom