• Yes

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 161 78.9%
  • once in a while

Votes: 17 8.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thalassamania:
Why bother? Having air in your tank when you get back on the boat is potential extra deco that you could have taken and didn't. I operate on a very strick Bingo Air system (Rock Bottom to you DIR types) which includes my right to suck my tank down to 100 PSI or so above ambient whilst directly under the boat and holding at 10 to 20 feet. And the DM who has a problem with than can go perform an unnatural act.

:thumbs_up:

aboalreem:
Have you lied about how much air left in your tank after a dive?
lets say you have after a dive 500 psi, and some diver asks you hey how much air do you have left....have you said 1000psi.....
This is strange but I have seen it....have you?:huh:

Some diver. I will take this to mean you don't mean my buddy. To my buddy I would NEVER lie. Nor would I lie to my friends that I dive with - even when they are not my immediate buddy. Just because one day they might be.

To the know-it-all butthead, who thinks he has come up with more air than I and wants to use my air, or lack thereof, as a way to talk about how great he is, you betcha. :) I would ask why he was inquiring. That usually puts them off right then and there.

I can't believe none of you have met these people on a boat :confused:

Kamchatka:
I never lie and I'm always right. And

oh oh

welcome to the board

Kamchatka:
I never lie and I'm always right. And
... I don't need to show my stinking gauges to anyone!

"Shoes for industry"

Ber Rabbit:

No. But you know what I meant. As long as you had enough air during the dive, we're okay.

Missdirected:
I can't believe none of you have met these people on a boat :confused:

One of the benefits of avoiding boats...

This is funny. Every boat I have ever been on, and i am a relatively new diver so it is not many, there are ALWAYS people asking how much air someone else has left, always. It is ridiculous. Like this in some way makes you cooler or better than the next person. I never have understood it.

I guess if it was done in a attempt at learning or improving breathing techniques it would be ok, but it never is, its always in a voice much louder than normal conversation "I have 1300 PSI left, I could have blah blah blah... How much you have left?" - silly, but whatever gets you through...

I wouldnt lie - I would just stare blankly at the person asking

No...but I found out recently that my gauge was off by 300psi! (no wonder I could never suck that bugger down to 500!)

Back
Top Bottom