• Yes

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 161 78.9%
  • once in a while

Votes: 17 8.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aboalreem:
Have you lied about how much air left in your tank after a dive?
lets say you have after a dive 500 psi, and some diver asks you hey how much air do you have left....have you said 1000psi.....
This is strange but I have seen it....have you?:huh:
No I haven't done that, but I did tell someone my boots were made from real lizard once.....

I don't have to lie. Being woman and lots of experience, I'm the last one up. At the Galapagos Islands, my divemaster asked me how much air I had left. I signaled 1500 lbs. He shrugged so I signaled another way. He shrugged again so I handed him my console. He took it, read it, and shook my hand. At the surface he told me he liked the way I dive. YAHOO!

Diver0001:
I've lied.

I was on a boat in Turkey once and they announced that if anyone came back on the boat with less than 50 bar that they'd have to sit out the following dive. All week long when checking out at the end of the dive the DM asked me what I had left and every time I answered 80 bar..... :crafty:

R..

lol..now there is a good reason.

I would, there is never a reason to though. Nobody I dive with cares how much air I have once the dive is over.

Ber Rabbit:
in the end, nobody else really cares whether you're standing there with 500psi, 1000psi or 2500psi after the dive.

I do. If you have less in your tank than rock bottom minus a managed proper ascent, I'll be ticked.

In the Philippines I was diving with two incredible divers.

They had gills.

The DM kept ending the dives at my 750 p.s.i.

We had a heart to heart talk with him. I said, "Just put me at 45fsw under the boat when I have 300 psi- I'll figure the rest out".

He trusted me, that's the way we worked it for two weeks.

My sign for where's the boat became the cut-throat out of air sign. :wink:

Never lie. What's the point? Like telliong your doctor that you don't smoke or drink. What good will it do?

When I'm diving solo, there's no point to telling a lie, as I'd see right through myself as soon as I'd said it. :D

When diving with my usual buddy, there's no point to telling a lie, as I will always be the one to call the dive on air, anyway. :)

When diving with an instabuddy, there's no point to telling a lie, as I've always had more left than they. :wink:

To be perfectly honest, I really don't care much about it. If someone wants to know, I don't mind telling them. If an air-sipper ever declines to dive with me due to my air consumption, that's fine by me, but since they were probably in doubles anyway, we weren't a good match to begin with.

exactlly why lie....I just want to understand why...is it ego thing!!!!:blinking:

No.

But then, I don't think anyone ever asked.

Back
Top Bottom