Her First Dive Didn't Go so Well

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think my jelly fish sting on my arm actually took about 6 months to fully disappear. I don't know what kind of jelly it was because I was snorkeling when it was nearly dark in Mexico.
I hope her stings aren't as bad as mine was!

You obviously have a great relationship with your kids. Kudos to you all!

FYI: We made it home safe and in time for dinner. Trying to teach twin 15 yr olds to drive! My daughter did better than the boy. He can definitely drive a boat better than mom's minivan.

Try the cortisone 10 with aloe topical dauber in looks like a bingo dauber and works really well on that kind of thing I got a minor sting from something on a mooring line, I think it was small sponges ( see this months alert diver).

Do you think I should feel awful?
Yeah, I do. I think it would be pretty normal to feel awful about it, and you wouldn't even have to be a parent to feel that way, but being the parent would certainly make it a more intense awful feeling.

Yeah, I think it would be pretty normal to feel awful about it, and you wouldn't even have to be a parent to feel that way, but being the parent would certainly make it a more intense awful feeling.

Careful now.. this is the basic section. A no flame zone.. I remember when I got in so much trouble for suggesting that a guy read his computer manual if he was unsure how to use it :rofl3: .. BTW, there was no emergency ascent..

Today I took my 15 yr old daughter out for her first scuba lesson. We have never tried in the pool, but this was a shallow spot under the Blue Heron Bridge and she is a good snorkeler. We got in shallow water and she had the accelerated lessons.. 3 minutes to clear the mask. I minute to breath w/o mask. 2 minutes to learn to buddy breathe with no mask and a quick discussion and demo of the buttons on the BC.

I have asked SB staff to double-check your instructor status. Either you are not an instructor or you are but have such a deviant approach to teaching that it's hard to believe that you have actually ever certified anyone who hasn't died trying to learn what you failed to teach them.

R..

I have asked SB staff to double-check your instructor status.

uh oh... all the sudden Scubaboard is the .......

comment_scubapolice.gif

No not the Scuba Police, but I applaud them for making sure ppl are not giving out information that is wrong/outdated or beyond the scope which they can intelligently answer. Many new divers come here for information that can have terrible consequences if wrong. Many ppl may be led to do foolish things because some one with "instructor" in their status gave out bad information. We are all free to do as we wish but bragging about it on a public forum is bad form and dangerous to the sustainability of the forum in general.

Back
Top Bottom