How do these LDS Reg prices seem to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those adverse to DIR...look away now.

Having made the switch to a long hose (7ft) primary, and the secondary on a bungie around your neck...am struck by how readily it facilitates air sharing/switching.

Both regs Scubapro Mk25/S600s (twinset)

YMMV

Price you quoted for the Titan LX is what LDS and 2 shops in Seattle had them priced for in the last month. None were willing to do any movement on price.

Thanks very much for this excellent information! I didn't realize Atomic was available online -- additional bargaining point.

I have to give the secondary some thought. Arguments on both sides make sense. I learned with the BC-mounted secondary, but dove with an octupus in the Bahamas.

I welcome additional thoughts and insights.
David

MichiganDiver:
Thanks for the links. The Leisure Pro information is a good reference. I, too, am willing to pay something extra to support the LDS -- just not hundreds.

If this is just the regulator price they gave you, your LDS is screwing you on price.

MSRP (Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price on these is lower than you quoted.

Aqualung Legend LX $640
Aqualung Titan LX $400

Aqualung Legend LX - $595 MSRP
Aqualung Titan LX - $350 or $365 MSRP (I think w/o looking it up)

The prices your LDS quoted you are higher than this.

Your LDS should easily be able to give you 10% to 30% discount off MSRP. Especially if you're buying a lot of gear.

If he tells you he has to sell them at MSRP, he's lying. Aqualung is more price restricitve in what they can advertise at than other brands, but they do allow dealers to advertise at 10% below MSRP.

I know you want to support your LDS, but I wouldn't support a LDS that rips you off.

Well, now I am looking around at other sources. My LDS can service Atomic, Scuba Pro, and Aqualung regulators. They told me the will only service equipment with valid US warranties. I am aware that LeisurePro cannot provide a manufacturer's warranty with many of their products. If I buy a used regulator (or if someone gives me one), does the manufacturer's warranty transfer with it (assuming it's been maintained and has paperwork)? I realize that different manufacturer's policies may vary, but can you answer the question in general? Do most LDSs have such restrictive policies on servicing regulators? Can you send your regulator to another dive shop (or internet retailer) for service? Would you?

MichiganDiver:
Well, now I am looking around at other sources. My LDS can service Atomic, Scuba Pro, and Aqualung regulators. They told me the will only service equipment with valid US warranties. I am aware that LeisurePro cannot provide a manufacturer's warranty with many of their products. If I buy a used regulator (or if someone gives me one), does the manufacturer's warranty transfer with it (assuming it's been maintained and has paperwork)? I realize that different manufacturer's policies may vary, but can you answer the question in general? Do most LDSs have such restrictive policies on servicing regulators? Can you send your regulator to another dive shop (or internet retailer) for service? Would you?

I don't know of any warrentys that can be transfered. But that isn't your biggest problem. Your LDS's service policy should not be acceptable. I suggest you find a good LDS or other retailer before you start spending a bunch of $$$. There are a number of service providers who accept work at a fair price without regard to where you purchased your gear.

There are some stores that advertise here on SB, that can do the service for you. Scuba Toys, TDL, NESS, and 123Scuba come to mind. TDL and NESS are Aqualung dealers, you can give them a call and see what their price is.

No matter which regs you buy or where you buy them, Go with the standard octo. Use your inflator for inflating. Buy 2 good regs and leave it at that. JMHO:popcorn:

Remember Liesure Pro Is Not An Authorized Dealer And You Will Not Get A Warranty From Aqualung

m3830431:
Remember Liesure Pro Is Not An Authorized Dealer And You Will Not Get A Warranty From Aqualung

AL LX at LDS is $640. AL LX at Leisurepro is 384. Is the AL warrenty worth $257?
To me, the limited lifetime warrenty conditional on paying annual rent (serve labor fee) is a scam.

Back
Top Bottom