How do these LDS Reg prices seem to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
You could buy it for 30% off list from a certain dive shop until AL yanked their dealership for pricing and political reasons. (they were afraid that a dealer selling it for 30% off would cause problems and they try to restrict dealers from giving any discount). 30% off would make it about $427. So that shows that the distributor cost is below $460.

That use to be the place to buy AL products. They also have a over the internet policy. They think you need to deal face to face.

m3830431:
That use to be the place to buy AL products. They also have a over the internet policy. They think you need to deal face to face.

This shop never actually sold them "over the internet". Over the internet defined as a "click to add to cart" and then check-out.

You had to talk to them in person to buy. Now the grey area is that 'talking in person' over the phone or over the counter?

Nevermind the fact that they gave better service over the phone than most AL dealers gave in person.

I agree though... that used to be THE PLACE to buy AL products. It's amazing how many customers AL lost over that.

mike_s:
This shop never actually sold them "over the internet". Over the internet defined as a "click to add to cart" and then check-out....I agree though... that used to be THE PLACE to buy AL products. It's amazing how many customers AL lost over that.

Not just AL, but SucubaPro as well. Both companies basically void their warranties if you do not buy them over the counter and the retailer submitt the registration paperwork with a copy of the sales invoice to prove that the regulators were sold within their guidelines.
:monkeydan

dschulte:
Not just AL, but SucubaPro as well. Both companies basically void their warranties if you do not buy them over the counter and the retailer submitt the registration paperwork with a copy of the sales invoice to prove that the regulators were sold within their guidelines.

If you purchase from an authorized dealer, the company (AL & SP) is pretty much obligated to honor their warrenty. So the customer should not lose the warrenty by purchasing by other than OTC. This was demonstrated when Scubatoys sold Scubapro regulators with MFGR warrenty on his online site. And I'm sure Divesports customers who purchased AL regs when he was an authorized dealer still are entitled to the AL warrenty. But as we have seen, the mfgr may terminate the dealership as they see fit.

awap:
If you purchase from an authorized dealer, the company (AL & SP) is pretty much obligated to honor their warrenty. So the customer should not lose the warrenty by purchasing by other than OTC. This was demonstrated when Scubatoys sold Scubapro regulators with MFGR warrenty on his online site. And I'm sure Divesports customers who purchased AL regs when he was an authorized dealer still are entitled to the AL warrenty. But as we have seen, the mfgr may terminate the dealership as they see fit.

As long as the online vendor is willing to register the regulator with AL or SB then the warranty will be valid anywhere. The problem arises when they do not do the proper registration paperwork so then your LDS goes to get reembursed for the parts under warranty, they get a denial letter stating that warrantty was never properly registered. For SB that can mean a $40-$60 parts kit that you get stuck purchasing every year. Scubatoys is great at doing the paperwork correctly as is Diver's Supply.

Well, I listened to all the comments here and in other similar threads and decided to go the ebay route. $120 for an AL Titan and gauges (no octo). Claims to have been lightly used. I also found a nearby diveshop who will service it for me.

Thanks for all your thoughts on this matter. No shortage of opinions! :)

Carry on.

well i bought two bcs two regs two octos to computers 2 wetsuits all oceanic with warranty from authorized dealer under around 2300. AND GET THIS SHIPPING 5 DOLLARS TAX IS MORE THAN THAT will even be proud to leave website

www.oceanrealm.com

ask for cathy

MichiganDiver:
Well, I listened to all the comments here and in other similar threads and decided to go the ebay route. $120 for an AL Titan and gauges (no octo). Claims to have been lightly used. I also found a nearby diveshop who will service it for me.

That doesn't sound like a bad deal.

mike_s:
That doesn't sound like a bad deal.

Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate your comments in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom