Information on deleted post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh I dont disagree with its their forum, I just found it ironic that my post directly responding to a staff member was deleted but then the same type of post remained. Since we do not get notification of who removed it, It appeared possible that the quoted person may have removed it for hurt feelings and not for the original intent.
Just send a dm to a mod, although….
If you were a mod, With xenforo it shows who deleted a post and allows it to be restored.

When I delete a post I put my signature so the poster can follow up if need be, but I understand why some mods don’t do that.

Not to get too "of topic" but what part of MI FF? am also FF/EMT in Grand Rapids area.
Nice, when I did my fire instructor I program one of the instructors was a GR FF, and my ice rescue train the trainer course was in the town where they where wooded shoes, and had a buddy at Dutton.
I’m in SE Michigan

Since we do not get notification of who removed it, It appeared possible that the quoted person may have removed it for hurt feelings and not for the original intent.
The person who is cleaning up that thread is not the mod you responded to.

We mods work under rather specific rules and will not be involved in the cleaning of any threads if we are also involved in the discussion.

Im not really that unhappy. Just would like to be aware of whatever I did wrong.
It is mentioned "Off Topic"

There is an option of the Mod to notify the poster, perhaps this action was omitted.

I see a post from Chilly now on the covid thread that it was a mass cleanup so this post can be closed.
I think in Canada, they’re called the Royal Mounted Mod squad…

It is mentioned "Off Topic"

There is an option of the Mod to notify the poster, perhaps this action was omitted.
When it notifies the poster you get the alert in your inbox with a question mark (a xenforo feature) not notifying only removes that alert.
E49F26EE-CE08-4BD4-B7D9-2F2AB81BCF44.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom