Information on deleted post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was alerted that it was removed, but it doesn't say by who to be able to do any follow up.
I mentioned this a few posts up, a simple hyphen w/ name following the reason is helpful, but it is tedious to have to answer to everyone complaining and questioning why a post was deleted

Did I miss an exciting "discussion" in the referenced thread?

You snooze, you lose I guess.
Made a change from the usual sh**storm topics.

… it is tedious to have to answer to everyone complaining and questioning why a post was deleted
Ack! Often the off-topic is MORE interesting than the original post! example: “If you dive split fins, your gonna die and go to Hell” Which leads to off topic-“What diver faults are likely to send you straight to The Firey Pit” Or “How do you know you are ALREADY there in The Bar-B-Q Beyond in case you didn’t see that shark coming at ya’”

Do Mods ever create whole new threads out of the excised topics of original threads? Like growing a new starfish out of one cut in half? Or are they just the cleaner fish, nibbling off the parasitic topics?

Do Mods ever create whole new threads out of the excised topics of original threads?

Yes, they do sometimes.

For the most part, once a mod participates in a thread, they won't moderate it. There are exceptions, but they are rare and have their own set of rules.

When a lot of posts disappear, almost all of them have quoted the offending post, or one that had done so. Trying to leave messages on each post is just not realistic, so the editing mod usually leaves a post telling what they had done and possibly why.

In that thread, was there something that went beyond the Pale as it were? We all received "deleted 'cos it's off topic". Would be nice to know what the offending spell is so we don't ever mention it again, although with Covid that will be hard.

I believe the [deleted] phenomenon follows the "fruit of the poisoned tree" doctrine. When this happened to me a couple of years ago I have to admit I was a bit miffed. But I got over it.

Back
Top Bottom