• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Jessica Alba: I turn dolphins on

Discussion in 'Marine Life and Ecosystems' started by Rickg, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Rickg

Rickg Manta Ray

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Here is an interesting little tidbit for divers of fairer sex.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004580002-2006260180,00.html

By BECI WOOD
    Sun Online

HOLLYWOOD cutie Jessica Alba is so hot, she even gets dolphins horny when she goes scuba diving.

The actress discovered the cetacean mammals got aroused by her presence when she was shooting dolphin drama Flipper.

She told MTV: "I don't know if anybody knows this but dolphins get excited, even when you are a human being - and they have long, long... (penises).

"I didn't know this until I was being poked by a few of them, which was very rude.

"I think I learned my lesson. I sort of request female dolphins after that because those are horny little b******s."

Jessica says the dolphin dilemma has become a constant joke with her pals.

She added: "Needless to say my closest friends and family did dolphin squeaking noises for the next five years any time they referred to me or called me or talked to me, which was pretty annoying."

Rickg

2. Web Monkey

Web Monkey Omniheurist ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I don't want to ruin her self-esteem, but dolphins aren't particularly selective. . .

Terry

3. NetDoc

NetDoc Chairman of the Board

Apparently human and dolphin pheremones are quite similar.

4. Walter

Walter Instructor, Scuba

Male dolphins will attempt to mate with anything from female dolphins to turtles. This has nothing to do with Jessica Alba being hot.

5. TropicalDiver

TropicalDiver Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Ditto for dolphins hitting on anything........

In Cayman Brac, there was a dolphin named Spot that was OK when our wetsuits were on, but when a group of us (guys and girls) took them off to go snorkeling with a real dolphin, well....let's put it this way...everything and everybody - including the mooring ball, was the dolphin's target of attention!!! :D

6. darylm74

darylm74 Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Well well well......odd to notice that she mentions the dolphin's "size." So does that have anything to do with the size of their dorsal fin? Hope that isn't getting into the TOS range......

7. drbill

drbill The Lorax for the Kelp Forest

# of Dives:
    Wasn't it Stan Waterman who said that male dolphins attacked his genitals while diving in the presence of females? I know I've heard of such attacks by male dolphins on male humans.

I'm convinced that male giant sea bass detect our gender through pheromones since they often act aggressively towards me while allowing my female buddies to approach closely (or usually the bass approaches them!).

8. Walter

Walter Instructor, Scuba

Stan Waterman has had some interesting experiences.

9. DoubleDip

DoubleDip Solo Diver

Peter Benchley in his last book "Shark Trouble" also talks about a scary experience in a pool with a male Dolphin, who it seemed, had a thing for his wife; and he wasnt going to get between the Dolphin and his wife in the pool, that was for sure. Matter of fact he had to be hauled out of the pool before that Dolphin killed him...

10. ProfessorAronnax

ProfessorAronnax Great White

For about sharks, KEEP YOUR GENITALS AWAY FROM THE DOLPHINS!