LeisurePro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamax:
That's right. The technical term is disintermediation. In plain speak it means streamlining the path of commerce to reduce/eliminate the middlemen, especially those who add little or no value

You'd think that they'd be able to come up with a more streamlined word for "streamlining".

ya me too. but still send a few bucks to my lds.but LP always stood up when it counted.Just my little bit of insight.

Just to bring this back full circle ... here's where I ended up ( not intended to imply ANYONE should end up here ).

For the most part I've been purchasing from the guys who taught me to dive at the LDS. I know it sounds sappy, or someone could say I'm just throwing money away, but here's why.

First, I like the guys at the shop. They seem to be trying to do the best they can. That counts for something (for me). I've been in shops where they have the know-it-all attitude, etc - I wouldn't frequent a place like that.

Second, they know I know about what price I could have obtained the product, so we both give a little. I bet I'm paying 20-25% more on some items (small stuff like hangars, or small lights, or brands they don't carry, I just get whereever - including LeisurePro who I've had no problems with. And I'm making my own spring straps thanks to some of you).

So ... the original BC and reg from LP were returned (see first post here). I've purchased from the LDS two drysuits, two reg setups, 1 BC (they didn't carry one that I wanted my daughter to try), and a few other things. The drysuits I shopped around ( and I mean everywhere ) to find what price I could get when combined as a package with a few other purchases - my LDS got pretty darn close to the price so I went with them ... they worked with me. Also, got the Janice Undergarment direct from her (she is GREAT).

So maybe I'm out some $ for all that I've had to purchase. I know I didn't get things at rock bottom prices. Yeah, maybe that makes me a sap ... but when I can I like to support local stuff. I'm glad to be helping a couple of good guys and they are helpful when I need them. Some of you guys know everything about everything and your garage must look like a LDS ... I'm not at that stage yet and feel pretty good about supporting the local guys when I can.

I can't comment on LP but scubatoys are great,

I ordered a lot of gear a couple of months back, saved £500 basicly i got a digital camarea for free!!!!, Larry sent the box over the pond to London, there was a light cannon in the box, apparantly they don't travel well, Mines perfect. My LDS are either expensive or don't have what i want, still waiting, 6,months!!!!, for a pair of boots i ordered for Mrs Mares, I was in there today, They say they are going to chase it up???????????

The world gets smaller every day.

As a novice, who's rather ignorant, I've had to order and exchange several times, LeisurePro has treated me really well. Of course I don't have a LDS because we live out in the "toolies" but it's been great to work with them, especially Aaron and Yankee!

I think the internet companies are very aware of this ongoing debate and will therefore bendover backwards to accomodate your service on the orders placed. Let's hope it stays this way. If the LDS doesn't want to get with the program, and offer an internet outlet store, oh well, then so be it............good luck. This stuff is exspensive, why pay more. And this service issue is getting old.

OK my 2 cents FWIW. I have spent well over $2500 recently at my LDS. I like to support him and his family nice people. His son is just starting college in the fall. Gave me a good deal on a package that I purchased. But then started to nickel and dime me for everything else that I want. What the frig is up with a 10% discount on something that I can get from LP at almost 1/2 the price.

I understand that brick and mortor need to make a living and they are a value add but at the cost of hundreds more? I think not!!!

My primary fiduciary responsibility is to my family.

The Kracken:
My primary fiduciary responsibility is to my family.

Most folks should agree. But exactly what that means in a discussion of LP depends on whether you are spending money for Scuba diving or trying to make some. Looks like you and I are in the same boat, just trying to spend it wisely.

I also have had nothing but good experiences with purchases from leisurepro...Scuba.com is also another great online resource, and they not only provide the manufacturers warranty but will match any price online or LDS to boot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom