Low pressure Miflex hose breakdown

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ektess1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hose is 4 years old. Regulator hose. Rebuilt 3 regulators because I did not know what the problem was. Second stage clogged with bits of rubberish/silicon material. Hose never leaked gas.
The inner lining of the hose broke down and sent pieces into the second stage. Luckily I had my octo to breath from.
Anybody else had this problem?

It's on a past post, but 'black' market ['counterfeit'] hoses some times slip into the supply chain....Found one that was made with automotive fuel line...We had bought 4, from a reputable shop, all in the Miflex packaging....One didn't feel quite right, the others were fine.....cut it open [length -wise] and it was fuel line !!!!.........Counterfeit products of all kinds are a major problem around the globe.......

Is there a means for detecting counterfeit besides cutting it open??

The first thing we need to do is determine if you do have a Miflex hose. Please email some photos to info@xsscuba.com. The photos need to show close up detail of the fittings and any markings on those fittings.

There have been no other hoses returned to us with the condition you have described. As noted in the other reply, it may not even be a Miflex hose.

For further info, contact us using the email address above or tel: 866-977-2822.

3 or 4 years on two MiFlex LP hoses, hundreds of dives, global travel, never had an issue or heard of one that is described here.

The OP needs to communicate with XS, the distributer here ( phone, not message board) so they can work together to find the answer, if it is really a hose issue, my guess, they will make things right. But The CO needs to be involved, Call them, not just post on SB.

I'd be interested to hear the end of the story. Manufacturing defects do occur of course, but I have never heard of any similar problems with Miflex LP hoses.

I have been using mine for about five years now without issue.

I'd be interested to hear the end of the story. Manufacturing defects do occur of course, but I have never heard of any similar problems with Miflex LP hoses.

I have been using mine for about five years now without issue.

I'm curious as well. I intend to replace my LP hoses with miflex ones when the time comes and I want to know if there are issues.

R..

The thread does need a conclusive resolution. Companies that successfully handle these kinds of things in public (rather than in secret) seem to enjoy good publicity for their customer service. There never was a conclusion to the tank valve thread - it seems to have gone in the back room and been buried.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom