Low pressure Miflex hose breakdown

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I no longer have the hose. I took it to my dive shop where I had purchased it. I wanted to know if they had heard of any simular issues. They had never heard of this type of failure. They replaced the hose for free and said that they would contact XS Scuba. Yes, I replaced it with the exact same hose. The hose had MFX stamped on the metal of the hose.
I love this hose and have never heard anything bad about it. I wanted to hear if anybody else had.

I no longer have the hose. I took it to my dive shop where I had purchased it. I wanted to know if they had heard of any simular issues. They had never heard of this type of failure. They replaced the hose for free and said that they would contact XS Scuba. Yes, I replaced it with the exact same hose. The hose had MFX stamped on the metal of the hose.
I love this hose and have never heard anything bad about it. I wanted to hear if anybody else had.
As others have said, please keep us posted/up dated to what they find....It helps keep every one informed as to what to look out for........

The thread does need a conclusive resolution. Companies that successfully handle these kinds of things in public (rather than in secret) seem to enjoy good publicity for their customer service. There never was a conclusion to the tank valve thread - it seems to have gone in the back room and been buried.
The hose mentioned above has not been returned to us as far as we know. Just wanted to let you guys know that it seems to have not made it back to us for further evaluation. Perhaps it was not a Miflex hose but an off-brand braided hose? Anyhow, just wanted you all to know we have waited but have no new info to share on the hose mentioned above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom