Maybe I have ID no 1 - pls help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maggy

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Thanks again to you that have helped me sofar with my fish ID problems.

Once again, at bedtime, I took my Humann reef fish identification guide Tropical Pacific and tried to find the fish below (sorry for posting pic agian, but I thought that you shouldn't need to go back to the old thread again for having a look).

I found on page 115 a fish named Striped Monocle Bream, Scolopsis Lineatus, and I found it possible to be that fish. It match in size and looks and also is present i the Andaman Sea, which is exactly where I was. What do you think, could it be that fish?

IMGP1134.jpg

Finally! Thank you Blox, for letting me know. I'm really happy now when I have solved all fish ID issues.

Since I am a new diver (13 logged dives), this is a whole new world to me and except for all the obvious reasons why I like diving, identifying what I see, is one of things I like most.

And since all my dives except for two have been in the Caribbean (USVI, BVI, TCI and Mexico) this was the first time I have been diving in the Pacific part of the world and that's why I had a hard time identifying some of the fishes. I also know that there are so many more species there. Anyway, this was not the last time I dove there. Next trip is back to BVI though, and I am thinking about taking the AOC there.

So again, I appreciate all help with the fish ID's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom