NorCal divers visiting Ft Lauderdale and the Keys....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello and welcome to SE Florida :wink:
We do have a few secrets in this area ….
Place to stay at discounted rates …. Pm Becky aka speargirl and she has condos in Key Largo, Conch Republic divers it a great dive operation in the Key Largo area, and the wreck dives are really good as well as the reefs.
In Ft Lauderdale area we have great shore dives … 15 to 20ft profile, and access by boat to a divers paradise with nice reefs and great wrecks. American Dream II is a fun Boat.
I hope you have fun here :wink:

Thanks Divergirl! We've got our accommodations already nailed out, although I am not sure why the heck I didn't think of Becky beforehand - Especially since I've been manatee spying in her backyard before! Sorry Becky!

We are really looking forward to the trip and are hoping to have a great time, good weather, sunshine and a change from the 50 degree water we've been diving! :)

50 omg .... I am so spoiled :wink:

Oh, can you recommend a good mall that teenagers might enjoy? That'd be the one thing that I am not in tune with. Thanks!!

I'm not sure what makes one mall better than another for teenagers, but the Galleria on Sunrise Blvd seems like a place that would appeal.
Welcome to The Galleria Mall

There's also a bar there- the Blue martini- that would probably appeal to the parents of said teenagers.

If you really want to view gluttonous consumerism, drive north and visit the Town center mall in boca.
Simon Malls | More Choices — Town Center at Boca Raton ® Information, Town Center at Boca Raton ® Gift Cards

I can see that :wink:... What are you diving while here? You guys have fun :)

We are going to be diving ........ hm, not sure what in FLL. I know one dive will be at Aqua Zoo. We'll be travelling with some people who are getting certified, so we'll probably be tooling around with them on their OW cert dives, looking for blennies in the coral rubble. :D

In the Keys, we are doing one dive to the Benwood and then a reef dive the 2nd day. We are trusting the captain to get us to a nice site! :) All within the parameters of the new divers' skill and qualifications.

I'm not sure what makes one mall better than another for teenagers, but the Galleria on Sunrise Blvd seems like a place that would appeal.
Welcome to The Galleria Mall

There's also a bar there- the Blue martini- that would probably appeal to the parents of said teenagers.

If you really want to view gluttonous consumerism, drive north and visit the Town center mall in boca.
Simon Malls | More Choices — Town Center at Boca Raton ® Information, Town Center at Boca Raton ® Gift Cards

I think we are going to steer clear of Boca! hahaha. Thanks for the Blue Martini recommendation - we'll definitely check that one out whilst letting those who wish to shop!

Again, thanks all.

when are you down there mobeeno?
Hi just got back from Key Largo. Did not know exactly when I was leaving since I was flying standby.
Did the Spiegel Grove and French Reef . Spiegel Grove is magnificient. I thought that I might see you down there but may be some day in Monterey area.
Cant wait to see your pics you took.

No pictures from me yet. Still on the road. Only one day of diving in b/c of winds, so still diving the FL Keys eludes me. I am beginning to wonder if I am not meant to dive here for some cosmic reason or something...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom