OceanLog beta version 2.1.4 Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakkis:
Hmm.. I'll design a GUI layout. Maybe you'll like it and implement it. If not.. oh well... no biggie :)

Rakkis, not sure no the LTDN screen? It was rushed admittedly...

Sure go for it...

I know it's not just me, I have seen this quoted in other threads, but I cannot find any answers. Every Windows Vista system I install Oceanlog on gives this error, "You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality". Even the new 2.1.4 beta downloaded from this thead still has the same errors. This is embarassing since I do IT work for a living! I hope it's something so obvious I'm just missing it.

We leave for Roatan next week and I hoped to have this up by then.

Frequent calls to Oceanic Techsupport are no help, different answers each time. Last time they said just to watch the website for updates. Been doing that for months now............

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks
Mike

Meko:
I know it's not just me, I have seen this quoted in other threads, but I cannot find any answers. Every Windows Vista system I install Oceanlog on gives this error, "You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality". Even the new 2.1.4 beta downloaded from this thead still has the same errors. This is embarassing since I do IT work for a living! I hope it's something so obvious I'm just missing it.

We leave for Roatan next week and I hoped to have this up by then.

Frequent calls to Oceanic Techsupport are no help, different answers each time. Last time they said just to watch the website for updates. Been doing that for months now............

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks
Mike

Same problem here. What version of Office are you on? Tyring to find a common thread here. I have PM'd Doug, have not heard back yet.

BigBubbaJ:
Same problem here. What version of Office are you on? Tyring to find a common thread here. I have PM'd Doug, have not heard back yet.

Nothing common but Vista. Same results on 2 laptops and one desktop all with totally different configs.

The desktop was a clean Vista Business install then installed the file from this thread. Same results. Both laptops were client systems, HP Pavillions right out of the box, for whatever that's worth. LOL

I'm thinking it has to be something simple I'm just overlooking.....:bonk:

Meko:
Nothing common but Vista. Same results on 2 laptops and one desktop all with totally different configs.

The desktop was a clean Vista Business install then installed the file from this thread. Same results. Both laptops were client systems, HP Pavillions right out of the box, for whatever that's worth. LOL

I'm thinking it has to be something simple I'm just overlooking.....:bonk:

Not sure about Vista, but I've gotten that exact same error
on XP with a 3rd party database package. If I enabled administrative
privileges for the user it worked just fine.

--- bill

bperrybap:
Not sure about Vista, but I've gotten that exact same error
on XP with a 3rd party database package. If I enabled administrative
privileges for the user it worked just fine.

--- bill
I am running vista with UAC OFF, and I am a full administrator.

Perhaps this is like that strange acrobat bug where you had to re enable UAC to get the software to install.

Doug - should the software work on Vista with UAC turned on or off?

Hey Trickster anything else to report about your work?

Also are you planning to release this when you finish development?

Thank, looks great by the way.

Deoje:
Hey Trickster anything else to report about your work?

Also are you planning to release this when you finish development?

Thank, looks great by the way.

Thanks! I've been working on it quite alot recently. Hopefully the end of the week I'll have something that I can hand out. Been working on the graphing tools - quite pleased so far with the results!

Will keep you informed.

Doug Krause:
Here it is...

We're looking for the rapid and quality feedback that we've grown accustomed to here on ScubaBoard prior to releasing this latest version.

This is a significant update with editable starting lifetime dive number, MS Vista compatibility, and a whole lot of other details brought to our attention by users here on SB.

I appreciate everyone's patience while we put this together. Please post any comments to this thread; I'll do the same as additional modifications are made.

http://files.oceanicnet.com/Software/Oceanlog_2.1.4_beta.exe

It would be nice to see some Vista64 USB Divers, so that one can UpLoad from the computer.

Back
Top Bottom