OceanLog beta version 2.1.4 Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well its been 8 months since I was told by Oceanic that Oceanlog would be fixed. What would most consider a "reasonable time" ?, perhaps some firm commitment from Oceanic is required, not just a bunch of empty promises.

Well its been 8 months since I was told by Oceanic that Oceanlog would be fixed. What would most consider a "reasonable time" ?, perhaps some firm commitment from Oceanic is required, not just a bunch of empty promises.

I agree,

Version 2.1.4 Beta (Full) Posted 12/13/06
I would have thougt there would be at least updates monthly.

While the website indicates that the beta version was posted 12/13/06, it's actually newer than that. I was finally able to get it loaded (and working!) on my Vista machines and I could swear that I saw a date of April 07.

Yes, the beta version is newer than December, way newer than that so the 8 months is a red herring.

What problems remain? I know there are issues with UAC being off, it needs to be on. I know there are issues with Metric/English measurements, anything else?

The help file is not Vista compatable.

I had no problems instaling the program on Vista 64.
Just wating to upload some data from my Pro Plus 2 now.

Interesting....seems in the board maintenance I lost my posts in this thread.

Also, just noticed the download link for the 2.1.4 Beta of OceanLog that is in the first post of this thread, no longer works. In fact they don't appear to be hosting any software on that site at all, anymore.

Anyone have any updates on this?

One other (possibly stupid) question..

I've seen alot of references to "SAC" in this thread. Um....what does that stand for?

TheGoast:
The help file is not Vista compatable.

I had no problems instaling the program on Vista 64.
Just wating to upload some data from my Pro Plus 2 now.
I had this problem with the help file from another program. MS changed the format of helpfiles and old help do not work in Vista. You can download a program or patch from the Windows Vista website, I can't remember exactly where anymore.

SAC is your air consumption, don't know what the "S" in SAC stands for.

I think "S" is for surface.
So it relates to the amout of air you would have used if you were at the surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom