OceanLog beta version 2.1.4 Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, so I added "Oceanic Beta Tester" to the sign outside my office suite, and then proceeded to do a Control Panel removal of the original 2.1.4 on my Notebook, and "clean" reinstall with data backup imported from my desktop. Under "about", it still shows a build date of 3/27, and the LTDN still does the exact same thing as the previous version of 2.1.4.:huh:

The SIT times still are inaccurate. I installed 2.1.4, imported the dives from 2.1.3, and none of the SIT times are correct. The most obvious error is that on the first dive of the day, it shows a SIT time! For example, on one of my days of diving, it shows a SIT time of 1:14 before the first dive.

This is something that I pointed out much earlier in 2.1.3.

Doug,
Thanks for listening to the customer on the Oceanlog updates. The more I use Oceanlog, the more I'm starting to like it. I still compare it to the software that came with my Aqualand though...

Here's more suggestions for the "next" update:

1. Under LOCATION - DIVE TYPE, I'd like more options, like: Reef, Wall, Quarry, Shore, Salt Water, Pumpkin Carving Dive, etc. Or, simply allow the user to add more options to this field - customize it. Oh, wait, never mind... I just figured out it will let me add stuff to this.... it would help if I read the manual, huh...

2. I'd personally like to see all of the numerical details of the dive along with the graphic profile on the DIVE screen, instead of the numerical details and the 'photo' section on the DIVE screen. I've only loaded photos to a dive log once...just to see if I could do it or not. I'd make the 'photo' section it's own tab.... only because I'll most likely never use it. Or, I think you could cram in all of the info on the LOCATION screen onto the DIVE screen.... and have it all in one place.

That being said, I realize that may take a LOT of code writing... it would be version 4.x.x., not 2.x.x

3. On the DIVE screen, in the middle left of the screen, there is what appears to be the "tab" of a note card that says "TANK 1". Not sure why it's identified this way... as I've not been able to figure out how to add a "TANK 2" or "TANK 3". Likewise, I'm not sure what the "user defined setpoints" thing is all about on the upper right of the DIVE screen. I'll admit, though, I haven't read the manual... I'm just trying to figure stuff out by playing around.

4. When I jump from DIVE to DIVE DETAILS to LOCATION, etc... to the various screens, it would be nice if the software would display what I consider the "core" dive information... the dive number, location (ie Key Largo), dive site (ie Spiegal Grove) all at the top of the screen. Currently, the software only shows the Dives Listing number and date. Displaying the Location and Dive Site information on every screen would be nice, and should be relatively easy... I would think.

5. I'd like to have a "save" button, as mentioned by somebody else. I'm never sure if my information is being saved or not.... I live by the mantra: Save early, Save Often.

I'll add, "Volunteer Beta Software Analyst for Oceanic" to my resume now....

3. On the DIVE screen, in the middle left of the screen, there is what appears to be the "tab" of a note card that says "TANK 1". Not sure why it's identified this way... as I've not been able to figure out how to add a "TANK 2" or "TANK 3". Likewise, I'm not sure what the "user defined setpoints" thing is all about on the upper right of the DIVE screen. I'll admit, though, I haven't read the manual... I'm just trying to figure stuff out by playing around.

My guess is that "Tank 2" or 3 will be used for second or third transmitters if using a computer that monitors multiple tanks (transmitters).

Doug B and others - thanks for your posts today, I'll see what we can get done for this release. We've got the developers' undivided attention right now - any problems or suggestions will be much easier to address now - so, don't be shy; keep the great feedback coming.

Thanks for your help.

Doug

OK, how about a cover page when opening your log like the old one that you could have a photo on?
certantly not important, but I do think it looks better and more finished with Title Page

Doug: what did the programmers say about the LTDN issue? Did you still have that same problem on your laptop with the "new" 2.1.4?
Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom