OceanLog beta version 2.1.4 Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frank: Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Hopefully if Doug gets a chance to respond to my earlier post about importing raw "dat" files that might answer both of our questions, if you still have your dat files on your computers.
Tom

Rubman:
Ohh and:

D:How can the software give you a Surface interval of 23 Min's on the first dive ?? , the previous dive was 2 weeks ago ?

I can answer that based on an answer to a prior post, your computer was turned on 23 minutes prior to the dive you just did. The first dive, that SI is not a true SI in the sense of the word. I'd guess that should be a simple coding fix, look at the dive number, if it's 1 then si is 0, or; Rough example follows, been years since I've coded and I know it's not the same language but the principle is similar.

/* dn = dive number
si = surface interval
de = dive ending time
splash = start time of dive
i = scratch variable */

int si,de,splash,i;

if dn<=1 then si=0
else
si=de-splash(i++);

Now for my want,

Make the printout like a regular logsheet. Let me select the fields to print out and the size to make the printout, then I can print a log and punch it and place it in my paper logbook binder.

Divingguy:
Frank: Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Hopefully if Doug gets a chance to respond to my earlier post about importing raw "dat" files that might answer both of our questions, if you still have your dat files on your computers.
Tom
As long as there is some way to import what you can export it would work for me.
And of course do an 'append' as opposed to a 'replace'.

Doug, sorry it's taken me so long to get back to the SIT issue. While the SIT time that Oceanlog reports for the first dive of the day might very well reflect the time since the DC was activated (I cannot verify since I didn't test this but the times look like it might match to what you are saying), multiple dives on the same day (3 diffferent days) still report inaccurate SIT times.

If no one else is reporting the same issue, which you would think would happen if the problem was inherent in Oceanlog, then I am at a loss to explain why it has occurred on all my dives. Although I do not have a lot of dives, and only 3 different days of multiple dives recorded in Oceanlog, there are all wrong.

I will continue to look for an answer on my end.

diverdown247:
4. Working pressure is still factored into the SAC formula. Why? A cylinder's working pressure should have absolutely nothing to do with how much air is consumed. Unless the software is considering this to be the same as starting pressure. If that is the case, then the transfer of information from Starting PSI should be automatic rather than manual. This issue was addressed in the first Betaware download...still not fixed.

Doug,
My sincerest apologies for this part of my previous list. I will make the attempt to NOT post when I'm exhausted. It doesn't allow the brain to flow properly. Just label me officially as Dee Dee Dee for this particular post.

NJMike:
the SIT time that Oceanlog reports for the first dive of the day might very well reflect the time since the DC was activated
What Doug says is correct. I can verify this from personal experience.

NJMike:
multiple dives on the same day (3 diffferent days) still report inaccurate SIT times.

What exactly is inaccurate about your SI times? Are they longer than you anticipate? Remember that your SI starts the moment you hit the surface and stops the moment you descend. If it takes you 10 minutes to get back on the boat or swim to shore that is part of your SI and is included by your computer. Likewise for the swim to your descent point.

Oceanlog reports the end of one dive and the beginning of the next dive. The time between is the SIT, right? So if Oceanlog says that one dive ends at 11:00, and the next dive begins at 13:20, isn't that a SIT of 2:20?

If the SIT between those two dives is anything else, give or take one minute, then I'd say it was inaccurate.

So if you calculate the SIT by looking at the end/beginning of the dives, and it's one hour and 32 minutes, but Oceanlog reports it as 1:14, I'd think that would be wrong.

I'm going to upload the two dives from yesterday and I will post the exact figures.

Hmm.. that is strange.

After going through my log, I see a few instances of that. I would think it has to do with how the Pelagic algorithm adds up two dives separated by a short SI.

Specifically, when your hand drops below 3' (Where the Pelagic algorithm starts/ends a dive) when taking off your fins AND/OR when doing a giant stride before bouncing back to the surface. This would make the computer think you are doing a short second dive after a short time at the surface. (current algorithm adds these up to one continuous dive). However, maybe there are two variables that keep track of this value and the updating behaviour of one of them is not correct in this case.

A possibility for the "normal situation" would go like this:

- lost buddy. surface at 10:00a to find him
//variable for the end of the current dive updated
//variable passed along to the logbook function

- reunite with buddy go back and descend (10:02a) to continue the dive
//continue dive flag flag activated
//variable for the end of the current dive updated later at END of dive
//variable passed along to the logbook function later at END of dive
(makes sense)

A possibility for what I mean would go like this:
- end the dive. surface at 10:00a

- hand grabs fin at 10:10a
(dive "ends" 10 mins later than it did. always giving shorter SIs than you really did)
(should not happen! time shouldnt be updated if submersion time < 30 secs)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom