OceanLog beta version 2.1.4 Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No matter what I do, I keep getting this error when trying to open a log file which was restored from oceanlog 1.0. As I want to keep my dives with the previous version, I'd reaaaally like to transfer them to the latest version, but I always get this error when opening the log file.

cummings66:
Vista by default requires signed drivers, but you can get around it easily. On boot hold your F8 key, choose the option to allow non signed drivers, presto bango you're good to go now.
Yes I'm aware of the work around. But it's just that a work around and it's a hassle to have to catch the 2 sec interval in the boot up process that you have to press F8.

FTDI LTD (The USB chipset manufacturer) has an updated Vista driver, all Oceanic has to do is update the INF file for their device and publish the updated driver.

Likely not of much value to you, but since I posted before about the problems I was having, I just wanted to post & say I downloaded & installed the Beta, downloaded my Bonaire 10 dives from my VT3, & it went smoothly with no evident problems.

Maybe I'll stumble across something wrong to complain about later, but for now, thanks.

Richard.

Doug..
woohoo.. played with it all nite at work. Worked like a charm. 1 question, on the dive page of dive logs when I enter tank size to 80 will it automaticly figure the SAC rate? or do I have to do something for it to recognize that I added info? Other than that Im glad the program does what it was intended to do. ABSOLUTY none of the same issues as prior version. So far so good. KUDOS to you and Oceanic for listening to their customers

Would it be possible to add a user-definable "default tank" value?

You'd still have the same "blank" default behaviour, but if someone turned this on, every new dive would automatically have a value already typed in. You'd still be able to edit it.

This would be a useful feature since most people tend to dive with the same kind of tank most of the time.

I like that idea, I normally use the same tank sizes on my diving and it would be nice if it would just default to what I use or want used instead of typing it in. Am I lazy or what?

Trying to reset Lifetime dive numbers under "personal" did NOT work, and scrambled my data file.:light: When I entered a specific number, say dive "8", numerous little "pop-up" boxes appeared, indicating that my numbers had been updated, presumably for all dives. However, when I then went to look at an actual "dive" page, the dive number displayed had NOTHING to do with anything I entered, and was either multiple digits long, or was a negative number. WTH?????. When I then tried to go back in and correct the bizarre entry, the program crashed. When I pulled it back up, some of my dives are now missing. Geeeeezzzz!:shakehead VERY disappointing!
Tom

Divingguy:
Trying to reset Lifetime dive numbers under "personal" did NOT work, and scrambled my data file.:light: When I entered a specific number, say dive "8", numerous little "pop-up" boxes appeared, indicating that my numbers had been updated, presumably for all dives. However, when I then went to look at an actual "dive" page, the dive number displayed had NOTHING to do with anything I entered, and was either multiple digits long, or was a negative number. WTH?????. When I then tried to go back in and correct the bizarre entry, the program crashed. When I pulled it back up, some of my dives are now missing. Geeeeezzzz!:shakehead VERY disappointing!
Tom

Hi Tom,

And I thought it was just me (so did our developers). I found the same problem on my laptop late yesterday. The guys got me a patch this morning that hasn't solved the problem completely - I will send it your way as soon as they get it figured out.

Back
Top Bottom