OceanLog beta version 2.1.4 Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Doug. I knew that if I reported a specific issue you guys would be all over it, as always. Other than that so far so good. I had to restore my database from a backup.
Tom

So no support for older Atom's huh? :D

(One can only hope...)

UPDATE:

A revised version has been uploaded - same name and location: http://files.oceanicnet.com/Software...2.1.4_beta.exe

- Spelled out Lifetime Dive Number in Personal Configuration
- Corrected the jumbled lifetime dive number
- Eliminated the request to save changes when scrolling through dives with no changes made
- Corrected crash when changing DC model and serial number on a manually entered dive

A few others that have been reported that we're working on for the next revision:

- Open last dive entered
- Vista 64 bit driver
- Default tank value

Great feedback so far, keep it coming.

Thanks,

Doug

In version 2.1.2, when you deleted a dive, you were taken to dive 1. A better default behavior would be to take you to the dive prior to the deletion.

Why there's only option to input FO2 in tank 2 and 3 only up to 50%???? Tank 1 I understand, it can be set up only for max 50% mix, but 2nd & 3rt tank we can set on the computer to 100% FO2 yet in the log options are only to 50% and log is not accepting data set on computer.:confused:

Ok Doug, here comes my "laundry list"...I know how much you like NetDoc and I putting the software through its paces. Fresh install on a new pc using the VT3 and link cable w/ the latest download as of 4/22.

1. I can alter the start lifetime dive number to any number (I started with 99 which was my first dive on the VT3), BUT I can not manually add any dives prior to that (post-download) number or date. They always add on to the back end of the log. Similar issue was addressed in the first betaware download, but now it only adds on one end of the log.

2. On the first 4 downloaded dives I had to manually input the start and end pressures. After those first 4, beginning on dive #5, they were already present from the VT3 download.

3. Starting lifetime dive number reset after I attempted to add a new dive on the back end of the log. I attempted to change the date first, then the dive number. When I scrolled back to the first dive it had reverted back to " 1 ".

4. Working pressure is still factored into the SAC formula. Why? A cylinder's working pressure should have absolutely nothing to do with how much air is consumed. Unless the software is considering this to be the same as starting pressure. If that is the case, then the transfer of information from Starting PSI should be automatic rather than manual. This issue was addressed in the first Betaware download...still not fixed.

5. Any use of the VT3 where there is no air consumption based on the Start PSI and End PSI will not allow you to manually insert the working pressure or the cylinder size. The software will clear those options if you input them.

6. When I input a manual dive entry, all data input other than Dive number, Date, Location, and Site is lost even after saving. This error does not occur every time and I can not figure out why (performing same operation each time with different results). Similar issue was addressed in the first betware download.

7. PDC Dive # indicates the number of the dive or repetitive dives conducted for that particular dive day. The true PDC # should tell you how many dives are actually stored on the PDC. It would be nice for the wording "PDC Dive #" to be changed to "repetitive dive number" to be in line with the information being provided.

8. Regardless of what the beginning lifetime dive number is set to, the number of any downloaded dive is unable to be altered. This occurs even if I manually add a dive to the back end of the log and attempt to change either/both dive numbers.

9. When the end pressure alarm was changed to 800psi in the dive computer section it was returned automatically to 300psi. (VT3 disconnected) The help menu needs to indicate that the PDC must be connected to make changes to this menu OR there should be a pop up telling the user to make sure the PDC is connected.

10. When changing items in the dive computer section, I was not given the option to save my changes. (VT3 disconnected) Again, the help menu should indicate that the PDC should be connected to make changes OR there should be a pop up telling the user to make sure the PDC is connected to make changes.

11. In the history menu there should be a break up of what gases have been consumed under the indicator "Gas consumed". Especially since compressed air, nitrox, rebreathers, heliox, etc. all should be measured for exposure calculations (assuming that is the intent for that particular indicator).

12. In the history menu, the section marked # of dives in last 6 months is not accurate. The first dive on the VT3 was 8/17/06 and the most recent dive 4/15/07 with a total of 25 dives. That is a period of almost 8 months not 6.

13. There still is no way to combine dives as was requested in the first betaware download. This may be an important feature for instructors who will have excessive dives if using Oceanic's PDCs for classes as the computer will log a 1 foot dive once activated.

Overall, the software does not appear to have as many bugs as previous editions. I'll toy with it a bit more over the next couple of weeks to see what else I can or can not do with it. So far, positive direction.

I did an overlay install last night on my laptop, and the LTDN is still screwed up. Same exact symptoms as described in my earlier post. I will try a totally fresh install today if I have time, but it seems like the LTDN programming is still not right.

Doug,

I just want to say thanks to Oceanic for taking feedback and working bugs and suggestion into the software. I think it's a class act to include the "voice of the customer" in responding to software updates.

-Bryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom