OceanLog beta version 2.1.4 Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*.hlp files went out years ago! creiky!

Didn't realise people where still making non html based help files, them where the days!

Shocked....

undefined:
Working pressure is the operating pressure of the cylinder. This is important in that it is used to calculate how many CF or CM of gas exists per PSI/BAR.

As an example:

77.4cf tank with a working pressure of 3300psi can be represented as about 42psi/cf. When the software attempts to calculate your SAC rate, it first needs to calculate how much gas is available per pressure unit (psi/bar) in your tank.

Another example - two divers use Oceanic computers. One has a LP steel tank overfilled to 3200 PSI. The other has a HP steel tank filled to 3200 psi. If the rated tank sizes are the same (say, 100CF), the diver with an overfilled tank has significantly more gas per PSI than the diver with an HP tank. Without knowing the operating pressure of the tank it is impossible to accurately compute a SAC rate, as the OceanLog software cannot possible know that one fellow has a high pressure tank (and at 3200psi has less than the rated tank capacity) while the other bloke has a low pressure tank that is quite full of gas, beyond the official rated capacity of his tank.

What you say above would be correct if the fisical size of the tanks were diferent, there WP (water capasity).

I think the light dawns:confused: .

Ok, i have a 12L cylinder (Water Capasity) with a Working Pressure of 232 BAR.
So, 12 x 232 = 2784 (the volume of air it would relese at the surface).

So where it says Working Pressure I stick 232
and where it says Cylinder size I stick 2784 NOT 12

close the program and start it back up.
Getting hole numbers now, Checked a few and they seem correct using the average depth.

Ok I have a few questions for OCEANIC.

Which is esyer to remember:
2320L@232BAR, 3100L@310BAR, 2784L@232BAR, 3720L@310Bar, 4845L@323Bar.
or
10L, 12L, 15L.

eg.
hey buddy, what you diving with?
A. I am diving with a 2784L@232BAR.
or
A. I'm sticking a 12 on.

Which is easyer:
start oceanic log and type every thing in manualy
or
start oceanic log and plug dive computer in and down load the data.

eg.
you dont need working pressure if you use WC (water capasity), the computer will do the rest.

Oh another clitch I found CUT and PASTE dose not work, (well in the cylinder size box any way).

I downloaded the current Beta today from the direct link Doug provided us in his last post on page 14 of this thread, installed it, tried to run it, & it told me:

You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality.

So, what now?

Richard.

P.S.: When I first installed an older Beta months ago, it worked. Recently, when I tried to open it after getting in a couple of quarry dives when the water got warm, it wouldn't work anymore; same error message, I think. So I came back to this thread for the latest Beta. Which still doesn't work for me.

Alrighty, I just tried to update my version of OceanLog. Everything downloaded correctly but when I tried to install about 1/2 way through the installation the system prompted me with an error message and exited. The error message is:

"Error 2738 could not access VBScript run time for custom action".

I'm running XP SP2 have not had any problems with OceanLog installs in the past.

I backed up my database before trying the install.

Any suggestions?

Ok I now know what SAC is and what to enter in the boxes in Ocean Log.

I thought I would look into it a bit firther and beleve it is a very usefull bit of info.
But it is only accurate if you have done a square profile dive.

So I thought, I have a Pro Plus 2 it has cylinder prssure on it.
I had a look at the dive data in Ocean Log but it does not show cylinder pressure.

A question for the Oceanic tec people.
Does the Pro Plus 2 record the cylinder pressure when it takes a sample.

I notce it dose list "Air Time Remaining" and "Dive Time Remaining".

Has any one else noticed that the "Dive Time Remaining" is longer than "Air Time Remaining".

Just downloaded and installed the new Version 2.1.4 Beta 2 and find that I cannot operate the software with the User Account Control in the "Off" position. This is my normal position to run all my other software. Any thoughts?

David Samloff:
Just downloaded and installed the new Version 2.1.4 Beta 2 and find that I cannot operate the software with the User Account Control in the "Off" position. This is my normal position to run all my other software. Any thoughts?

You have to turn it on for it to run on vista.

I turn it on when I upload and log/print my dives then go back to no UAC.

I hope they fix it.

DOUG KRAUSE!

VISTA BUGS:
1. UAC should not matter
2. HELP files don't work in vista.

Back
Top Bottom