Practical Questions for The Experts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Christi, give him a copy of the restaurant list you posted a while ago. It's a graet list.

scubajim:
Hey Christi, give him a copy of the restaurant list you posted a while ago. It's a graet list.
I just happened to have it handy as I'll need it TOMORROW!!!

Matt

Ok, Ok...
I'll share my restaurant list...haha

Christi’s Restaurant List (in no particular order)
* right around $5 or less ** $5 to $15 * ** $10 to $15 **** $10 to $30+

**La Choza – Corner of Av. 10 and Adolpho Rosada Salas Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Yucatecan style Mexican food – Shrimp Chile Rellenos, and fajitas are among my favorites.

**Sonora Grill – Corner of Av. 15 and Benito Juarez. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner.
Mexican Seafood and traditional fare. Sonora shrimp and garlic shrimp are my favorites.

**El Moro – back in the hood…just tell the taxi driver the name of the restaurant Open for lunch and dinner, closed on Thursdays. Traditional and local Mexican food with a great seafood selection. Consommé de Moro, shrimp on a wire, and Mole Enchiladas are my favorites. Try the fried bananas as a desert or appetizer.

*El Pique – Av. 30 between Benito Juarez and Calle 2 (across from San Francisco) Open 7 days a week for dinner only. My favorite taco stand. Tacos el Pastor or beef tacos with cheese, serape style

*Las Palmas (cocina economica) – corner of Av. 25 and Calle 3 Cheap eats for lunch only Monday through Saturday. My favorite is the Chicken Relleno.

*Chilangos – Av. 10 between Calle 11 and Calle 15 Open for lunch only Monday through Friday. Another cheap local eats place. Daily specials vary.

*Los Seras – Corner of Av. 30 and Calle 3 Open 7 days a week for dinner only. Another great taco place. Tacos al pastor are the best here.

*Camilo’s – Av 5 between Calle 2 and Calle 4 Open 7 days a week from 10:00am to 7:00pm
One of my very favorites! Seafood tacos and tortas. My favorites are the shrimp tacos or shrimp torta.

**** Guido’s – Main waterfront between Calle 6 and Calle 8 Open Monday through Saturday for lunch and dinner. Another favorite. Not to be missed. Excellent calzones, pizza, and I typically order the daily seafood special. .

**** French Quarter – Av. 5 between Adolpho Rosada Salas and Calle 3 Open 7 days a week for dinner only Great atmosphere. Steaks, seafood, Cajun style dishes. Orleans chicken and the pork tenderloin are my favorites here. .

***** Mesa 17 - www.mesa17.com Av. 17 between 20 and 25 by Corpus Christi Church. Open Monday through Saturday for dinner only. One of my new favorites when I feel like splurging! ANYTHING on the menu is superb! Check out the menu on their website.

***Especias – Corner of Av. 10 and Calle 5 Open Monday through Saturday for dinner only. Adrian is one of the best hosts on the island. This is a fusion of Mexican/Argentenian and exotic flavors. My favorites are the cilantro fish or chicken, or Shrimp Zambal.

**Casa Denis – in the main square. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. One of the oldest restaurants in Cozumel. Shrimp fajitas or Enchiladas suizas.

**Albino's - Av. 20 between Calle 10 y 12 - Great seafood and radiional Mexican dishes; open for lunch until about 6:00, I THINK 7 days a week, possibly closed on Sundays

***Manati - Corner of Av. 10 y Calle 8 - Mango chicken, shrimp scampi and Blue Cheese and Spinach Lasagna are my favorites. Open Monday through Saturday for dinner

*Viva Mexico (NOT the club on the waterfront) - On Benito Juarez at the corner of Av. 55 - best Pozoli on the island!

I'll also second La Mission on 30th (not the one downtown, and definitely not the house back on 55th) for great tacos and Mexican plates.

divematt:
***** Mesa 17 - www.mesa17.com Av. 17 between 20 and 25 by Corpus Christi Church. Open Monday through Saturday for dinner only. One of my new favorites when I feel like splurging! ANYTHING on the menu is superb! Check out the menu on their website.

I'm all about Mesa 17! I've heard GREAT things about this place from all kinds of people. How far ahead should I make reservations?

BTW What do people where to the various restaurants? Should I even bring pants? I'm thinking Tommy Bahama shorts the whole time.

CALI68:
BTW What do people where to the various restaurants? Should I even bring pants? I'm thinking Tommy Bahama shorts the whole time.

I've got 3 pieces of luggage and not one pair of pants. I'm doing the shorts and T-shirt trip. I'll be there diving tomorrow afternoon.

divematt:
I've got 3 pieces of luggage and not one pair of pants. I'm doing the shorts and T-shirt trip. I'll be there diving tomorrow afternoon.

Dude!!! Lucky Lucky Lucky!!! Please kick down a full report. :)

CALI68:
Unless you plan on eating at the "fancy" resaurant at The Prez. don't bother with pants.

I think I actually remember the name now... Alfredo's - King of Fettucine. I told you it was a dumb name.

Mia used to beg me to bring pants, now she's given up. It's no use, I'm on vacation and all I am willing to wear are shorts. Call me stubborn :crafty:

Just thought I'd jump in cuz I'll more than likely get to meet you all. Chris, Jeff and Christi that is. Don't forget to tip the housekeeping a few bucks. As for the DM's it sounds like $5 is standard, but it also sounds like the service you get from Christi's crew is worth a little more. If we dive a lot and tip well it makes it a great week for everyone. :wink:

Christi, it sounds like you have quite a bit of coffee on the way. Can you use a nice bottle of wine? We have some nice wineries out here. Looking forward to diving with you guys. And for what it's worth, I'm not bringing shoes, pants, or socks. See you soon.

Glen

gdenny:
Christi, it sounds like you have quite a bit of coffee on the way. Can you use a nice bottle of wine? We have some nice wineries out here. Looking forward to diving with you guys. And for what it's worth, I'm not bringing shoes, pants, or socks. See you soon.

Glen

Christy,

Your first shippment of Cafe Verona Whole Bean will be there in a couple of hours, hand delivered, by me. Let's go do Maracaibo!

Matt

CALI68:
I'm all about Mesa 17! I've heard GREAT things about this place from all kinds of people. How far ahead should I make reservations?

Cali--You can call for reservations late afternoon/early eve the same day except during high season. Or if you prefer to have it set up ahead of time, you can email Trish and she'll confirm. Also, you asked about wearing shorts...yes, your Tommy's will be fine at any of the restaurants in town. Enjoy! ~~Karen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom