Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Advantages to balanced P-valve (not just Trigon, but any balanced P-valve) is that you do not need to remember to prime it before getting wet. So you won't have to fight to get that first pee out when hose gets crushed. Might be rare, but it's a possibility.
Sigh, I know this must be a troll.
They DO NOT need to be PRIMED. It's a myth repeated over and over again by people who don't understand how they work. There is not pressure to fight against!

If you really didn't understand my explanations read the one Aleksolson wrote in the other thread. Or don't, whatever.

I honestly tried to give information and now I'm basically be harassed for it.

@L13 Lots of inaccurate information I already went over in the other thread. People keep perpetuating nonsense is why we these myths in the first place.

I am hereby publicly stating that I was wrong about the need to prime unbalanced, non NRV system.
And I am still waiting on Berndo to answer question about his experience in using Trigon valve/s.

Name one inaccurate statement.
If you actually wanna know you can pm me but read the other thread before. I even went over examples for cath/connection failure modes. I'm not going to argue in circles and write the same stuff again. It's a waste of time when people argue in bad faith.

Had a thought... I too have heard of a few members who are long time cave divers that swear by unbalanced p valves. I was thinking there's a chance they either have used unbalanced so long that "why fix what ain't broken", or they heard / experienced some of the issues of early adopters of balanced and again stuck with what they know works. Kind of like early adopters of AI when it didn't work and now SWEAR by an spg.

@berndo having 25 years of experience is nothing to shake a stick at. I think that your reasons for doing what you do absolutely work for you. Why would you try and change anything (I wouldn't if I was in your shoes)? I just wish that you could have a civil disagreement and see both sides without being so offensive or offended. I see some guys in NJ diving with these big ass spools and old ass lights that they've been using for years.. looking like something out of a 1970's movie.. but it works and it's what they know. This isn't someone arguing O2 @ 50' is acceptable... it's just a p valve. People do dive different.

I'm good for how anyone wants to dive as long as it's safe(ish)... try whatever you want, but one thing I think we can all agree on is don't tell me how to dive! That just irks us to the bone.

End rant. Safe diving to ALL.

@piranhaman00 ignore berndo. He has an unusual ability to know everything and his opinion is the only right answer. He's a classic idiot and will shout down everyone trying to prove an opinion about gear...

now to the suit
Fully telescopic torso. Yes
YKK Plastic zipper. Yes
Main zip cover. Yes
Trigon or unbalanced light monkey. Is the trigon unbalanced? Which is preferred ? Trigon is simple and works well
Quick Neck System. Yes, order a few extra seals now as they're cheap
Warm neck standard. Standard or simple? I have standard and tuck my hood bib
Sitech QCS Oval Cuff. I prefer kubi. Simple and bulletproof. Cheap overall from them
Move Dump (DIR) yes
SiTech Valve System. Seatech or CENJ? Sitech, as is
Comfort Patch? Yes, I like it because it prevents the valve internals from being pressed into my chest
Compressed Neoprene socks. What do people wear over the top of these? Rock Boots? Yes, I use hollis rock boots ordered in my normal shoe size
Protection. Are any of the PU options necessary? I got back, shoulder, and knees because it's cheap insurance and an expensive suit. Ask for no Kevlar stitching
Going to get matching pockets on each side, which is the best to get? I like my zip pockets, not a fan of velcro.

Why no Kevlar stitching?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom