Seeking Aurora Res Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan G

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking at the RMR forum here I see that most info about Aurora Res is dated. I will be going down there in a few weeks for the first time to complete a course that requires that I brief and guide a dive. I am hoping for some current info/links about diving there that others feel is useful. Thanks.

Dan, check out Rocky Mountain Divers and Colorado Divers Facebook pages. There has been divers going almost daily.

Dan, check out Rocky Mountain Divers and Colorado Divers Facebook pages. There has been divers going almost daily.
Thanks, but I am not on FB.

Dan Ocean First just did a open water cert today. Mike said water temps was 80+ at depth. So very warm.

Dan Ocean First just did a open water cert today. Mike said water temps was 80+ at depth. So very warm.

That's quite warm! It's been awhile since I dove there, but it seemed like the temps rarely got above 70 at depth.

I'm rather skeptical of temps being above 72 at any depth at Aurora.

I'm rather skeptical of temps being above 72 at any depth at Aurora.
I can verify... 73 at a depth of 0.1 ft :cool: last Aug (and 68*F at the plane). But yeah, the 80+ is a tough sell.

Was there on July 2nd.

Vis was near zero, max depth was 21' and temp was a warm 66 degrees.

I appreciate the replies. What is the max depth of the reservoir? What's the max depth between Scuba Beach and the plane?

Any advice for getting from Scuba Beach to the plane using a compass or other landmarks in the low viz?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom