Solo dive question, max depth 25'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No just the regular google earth. Gives me a birds eye view of the configuration of the shore line, with that figuring the action of the water, waves, current, depth etc.. Oh you mean I hit the G 2x's instead of the O! Oh how clever Dr. Bill! :)

---------- Post added May 11th, 2014 at 07:37 PM ----------
I fixed it! :D

Attachments

• imag.jpg
    imag.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 161

He's not seeking permission. He's asking if it's something that may be frowned upon by the authorities (BHB is well-patrolled by the local version of the game wardens, who are reputed to not be shy about ticketing people), by other divers, or just in general.

You seem to think that he's scared of doing it. You're in such a hurry to tell him "NO!" that you didn't stop to think that he can; he's just asking opinions about it. You clearly don't know anything about the site; and should not be giving advice until you do. Leave it to those of us who know the site. Your "advice" is silly and rude.

Last edited by a moderator:
You see, you really don't know what you're talking about. There is no boat traffic if you stay out of the marked and defined boat channel.

Well.........not taking sides, but there is that little Youtube video of that rogue sailboat barreling through the bridge pilings, out of the main channel, at B.H.B. going right over all of the divers. Guess you always have to be aware of whats above or around you. Snorkeling or scuba diving.

Well.........not taking sides, but there is that little Youtube video of that rogue sailboat barreling through the bridge pilings, out of the main channel, at B.H.B. going right over all of the divers. Guess you always have to be aware of whats above or around you. Snorkeling or scuba diving.
Yes, every so often there is a boat that comes in there. But it's not common, and they still have to follow the distance rules for your marker buoy.

A lot of going around in circles type replies. At 20ft yep. I'd take it easy and maybe stay in close or limit myself to say 10ft for the first one but sure. The only thing stopping you is you :).

Myself in my limited certified time have gone out by myself because I could. Other times I may as well logged them as a solo dive for all the use the buddy would have been. I guess my confidence is I have free dived and surfed for ever so my comfort levels with the water are high. At 20ft I could exhale completely and make it easy. I know as I have done it at 45ft and completely exhaled at the bottom.

All dive buddies moved, want to dive. I enjoy Blue Heron Bridge in Florida. A shore dive with lots of life. Max depth is 25', most areas are at 20' so ditching would be easy. I do trust my gear and ALWAYS dive safe, never exceeding my certifications.

i have the buddy system in my head, but often we would split up anyway. What are people's thoughts on this? Is a site like this ok for solo diving?

Generally speaking, if you aren't sure it is okay for you to do a dive solo then it's probably not a good idea. That is a red flag that you might not have enough experience no matter how benign a dive might seem.

If you want to encourage the OP to do a dive in a manner he is clearly not fully confident with that's up to you. I ask why didn't the post go into the BHB site or the solo site? And where is the OP? Has there been any more posts by the OP? I'm not even sure the OP is legit to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow lots of jumping to conclusions here! Perhaps the best action would be to ask before assuming. That way people can ensure they are interpreting the posts as intended.

While some of the exchanges here have been rather entertaining I fear they can also be a bit off-putting for new posters in the Basic Forum. :doh:

There is indeed some good information presented here. I commend the OP for seeking information on Scubaboard after all that is what we are here for:) Rather than assume that Quaglinoman is not posting a bona fide question perhaps we should post in a manner that would encourage Quaglinoman to feel comfortable participating in his own thread?:idk:

Back
Top Bottom