Special lenses for mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another +1 for the DiveOptx lenses. They came in a set of two but I just use one, stuck to the inside of my left mask lens. Works perfectly for reading things close up and it hasn't come off while diving yet. It came loose once when someone other than myself put defogger in the mask and messed it up, but once I got it home and got everything cleaned, it stuck perfectly a second time and hasn't come off since.

Bonus - looking through that part of my mask makes the fish look much bigger :eyebrow:

Bare makes The Duo B mask and you can get corrective lenses for them for an affordable price... the mask are extremely comfortable... And you wont be paying hundreds for a reliable proscription mask.. The shop I work for sell the mask for $45CAN and $60 for a set of prescription lenses...

KT

Thanks for the suggestion, but I would prefer something that I can stick directly to a gauge face, not inside my mask.:crafty:

Curious as to whether these Frenzel lenses will work immersed in water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. Now the question becomes "How do I affix them?".

If there is a good solution, which won't destroy the face of my SPG, I'll buy them for experimental purposes.

Like changing a wrist mount computer strap to bungee? Attach the Fresnel at four corners with bungee?

I wonder if that would cause the Fresnel to concave too much, if that makes sense? I'm not sure how flexible the stuff is?

I used Optx 20/20 stick-in lenses purchased at Walgreens. They are the same as the DiveOptx lenses - I mean EXACTLY the same, made by the same company. But they sell for $7.99 instead of $30. They worked just fine for ~300 dives over three years or so.

That said, last year I went to contact lenses, mostly due to need to see dive and bicycle computers. Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom